Chapter 35. In The Memory of Timothy Joe Francis.

Start from the beginning

How fucking wrong they were thinking they can bring me down!!!

"Fuck. They are playing bait. But for who?" Kevin asks.
"Zaine." I whispered leaning back into my chair.
"But...who is he?" Kevin says taking the chair and putting a thick manila folder on my desk.

"Is that the file that holds my answers, Anderson?" I ask pointing my index at it, while my hands are wrapped around the whiskey bottle.
"Don't dodge the question, Rage! Who the fuck is this Zaine." He hisses.

Sighing in frustration, I lean back into my chair again, closing my eyes.
"He is Martin's son." I mumbled.
"Martin has a son?" Kevin shouts in disbelief.

"Yeah....well he had died when I was just ten years old. He was fifteen at that time. So fucking...ruthless. He had that Mafia blood in him that I didn't. I may have been born into the Díaz's Mafia family, Zaine was the one who really showed it. Both I and Angela were taught the difference between the wrong and the right by our mother. Whereas Zaine only had Martin and my dad. He was trained to be my right hand man. Initially he was supposed to own half of everything alongside me like it is said in our Family's will. Thats why he has our family name and not Martin's. And Once an heir to the Díaz family is born, everything than goes to that said heir. I have only seemed to expand our fortune since I took over. So its a hell lot of money and property and power that is owned in my family's name. My name. My first thought was maybe he wants his half. But it is all very confusing. Why fake your death if you could have had it all staying alive?
I thought he.... died. We all did. None of us knew how.
I was too young to question my father about it. And in time I had completely forgotten about him until now. " I say.

Taking another gulp of the bitter drink, I continue.
"I don't understand why did he feel the need to hide that he is alive. Or why he is against me. To be honest, I never thought Martin was against us all this time. He was just so good.......at hiding it." I said shaking my head.

"Where does Scarlett comes in between all this?" Kevin asks.

"Honestly. I just. Do not. Know, Kev." I said shaking my head while pinching the bridge of my nose.

I hear the rustle of papers, so I look up to find Kevin opening the thick folder that he brought with him.

"It was all planned out. It was like they knew. She
was going to do it. They had everything ready. The lie detector test. The investigation. The trial. The post mortem. It all happened in a span of five hours." Kevin tells me.
"She didn't kill him, Kevin." I snapped.
He looks up at me and meets my eyes.

"I know she didn't. It was too planned out for it to be her. All the evidence is pointed towards her. Which is deceiving. They find Scarlett and Timothy in an abandoned place at 7pm. By 8pm a post mortem report was ready. While they investigated Scarlett. By 9:45 pm, they take a lie detector test on her. Before 11 pm, when we are at the mayor's mansion, they had already run a trial and convicted her for the murder of her family back in Italy and Timothy.....But you wont believe how planned out it was to make sure, she really gets convicted with no issues. Let me show you." He says, and slides a blue file towards me.
"What is it?" I ask taking the file in my hand.
"The Lie detector test they took on Scarlett." Kevin demands.
I open the file and read through it.

"They ask her to state her name so that they can identify if the monitor is working on her or not." Kevin tells me.

"Second question they ask how she is related to Timothy. To which she says, they are brother and sister. Positive."