False Alarm

The tanned hand reached closer and closer until Keith heard a muffled yell,"Hunk?!" Its Lance's voice,Keith can recognize that anywhere.

Lance came running to Hunk,"What are you doing?" Lance asked,Hunk just looked at him like he had two heads,"I saw something down there,and you always go here after surfing. Why do you go here?" Hunk had a suspicious look on his face,"To,uh,relax! Now get out of here!" Lance tried to push Hunk out of the way,but he too weak to push him,"I know you're hiding something." Hunk is right,Lance is terrible at lying,"Fine. I've been seeing someone here,now go!" Lance attempted to push Hunk again but failed,"What?! Really? Who?" Hunk had a thousand of questions flooding his mind,"It's a little personal!" Lance heard bubbles pop from the water,and in the cartoons when you see bubbles float up to the surface of the water it mean someone is drowning.

Lance can feel his body shake of fear,"Keith!" Lance desperately reached in the water,and he grabbed his arm and pulled up 'How long did he hold his breath?' The whole time he was pulling Keith out of the water he completely forgot about Hunk sitting there,he looked like he's been shown a complex math problem.

Keith saw an arm reach for him a gain,but this time he knew it was Lance,so he reached toward the other's hand and was pulled up to the surface,he gasped,"Oh my god! Are you okay?!" Lance looked at his face and tried to see for those weird marks on his face,"Oh,thank god!" Lance hugged Keith,"Uh,who is this guy?" Hunk smirked,"Uh,th-this is Keith." Lance awkwardly broke their hug,"Are you guys..." Hunk didn't need to finished his sentence to make them think,"No!" They both said in unison,"We are just friends!" They both yelled at the same time again.

After meeting Hunk,Keith thought he was a nice and caring guy. Hunk had darker skin Han Lance and he had a yellow bandanna on wrapped around his head. It was strange,but he still really liked him,even though he kept asking him the same question,'Why do you have seaweed on your head and what with the gloves?' Hunk would t let the subject go.

They finally have some alone time with each other,"So," Lance tried to breach the silence between them,"Are you going to tell me anytime soon. About the seaweed thing and the gloves." Lance did jazz hands to express the gloves,"I will,I just don't think you need to know the truth yet." Keith knew if he showed him what he really is he wouldn't want to talk to him anymore,"That's cool,I can wait,if that's what you want." Lance didn't want to pushed his luck on the whole cover up thing,so he let's it go.

After a while,they talked normally,but day after day,Lance gets more and more curious about Keith's weird hat and gloves,sometimes he finds himself reaching for it,but he can't disrespect Keith's wish. Lance feels like a little bit of him shreds off because he can't see why Keith needs to be in the water and why he needs to cover up his head and hands. Lance likes to imagine them as a mysterious beauty that Keith is too afraid to show to him yet.