iv. Filming date + Agency Lineup Confirmed!

It's been a little while since we heard anything about the second season of Produce 101 but guess what...

IT ALREADY STARTED FILMING! (since 26th Feb)

I was actually expecting it to start airing in mid 2017 because of the rumours about having trouble with regards recruiting trainees but Mnet stated that they are working it out with an aim to start airing the show in the first half of the year!

The 101 trainees have already started living in their dorms starting 26 Feb which also marks the beginning of the filming.

Also, particular agencies have already confirmed in participating in the show, including:
Jellyfish (rejoining from season 1)
Pledis (rejoining from season 1)
CUBE (rejoining from season 1)
Fantagio (rejoining from season 1)
Brand New Music (new, a hip hop label)
RBW (new, MAMAMOO & Basick's agency)

Mnet has announced that they will gradually reveal the details about the trainees participating in the show upon schedule.

With regards the difficulties in preparing for this season that has been addressed in the previous updates we had, Mnet explained, "It is true that there have been many difficulties in preparing for this season. Firstly, the number of male trainees was scarce. The agencies were hesitant to participate because there were too few boys, rather than because they were reluctant to join the show."

They continued, "Nevertheless, the agencies confirmed their participation at the last minute. It was a decision made with regard to the show's publicity and in consideration of their relationship with Mnet. There are a lot of interesting participants. Most of them are trainees, but there are quite a few idols who have already debuted as well. There is a variety of things to anticipate."

Source: Soompi