Part 8: pain

Over and over again her last few seconds replay in Eleana's brain

Over and over again her last few seconds replay in Eleana's brain. Pietro's hands around Wanda's neck, his lifeless eyes after she violently stole his essence condemning him to die with her...except this time the scene fades to white, her eyes open and it's blinding.  Eleana feels around trying to get her bearings, an IV was in her arm and pads and wires were attached all over her body. There's no space around her and Eleana panics realising she is trapped in some kind of box. She bangs her fists on the sides and rips out the wires attached to her, shielding herself when the hatch slides open.

"Eleana you're ok, you're safe, breathe," relief washes over Eleana when Bruce's face emerges from the bright lights.  She continues to struggle for breath her chest heaving and head spinning as Bruce gently helps her out of the chamber and onto a bed, "the cradle and Pietro's abilities healed you but we had to suppress his speed, you might feel dizzy for a while."

"Where is he? Bucky, is he ok his head was bleeding so much and..."

"He's in cryo, we thought it might help slow the deterioration down until you woke up, and Bucky's fine. He needed stitches and his arm still needs fixing but he wouldn't leave you," Bruce chuckled, "he's been here three days, we had to practically throw him in the shower."

Eleana drops back against the headboard in an attempt to help the sickness in her stomach, her muscles ached so much she couldn't really move.Three days? Only moments ago Eleana was bleeding to death. Her hand grazes over her stomach, only soft skin under her fingers.

Bucky strolls in just in a white t-shirt and sweatpants, his hair still wet and fiddling with the sling on his arm, "I messed it up again doc, is there any change-?."

Banner coughs and Bucky glances up, face full of surprise and he breaks into a grin, "Eleana?"

"Hey Buck."

"Watch the arm!" Bruce warns and Bucky ignores him, hugging Eleana tightly with his free hand. She rests her hands around his waist, letting her body relax into him, enjoying his warmth.

"You really scared us this time," Bucky smiles into her hair, pulling back to hold her face, Eleana smiles at the relief in his eyes and he kisses her forehead, "it's good to have you back doll."