~2~ Mila

When she heard Asyn's claim that she was the lost princess, Mila burst into a fit of laughter.

They stood together in the forest, Mila laughing delusionally and Asyn standing there glaring at her. "Can you stop?" Asyn sounded annoyed. "I'm telling the truth, and I can prove it to you."

Mila stopped laughing. The dark forest in the middle of the night was not a great place to draw attention to yourself, and Mila was doing exactly that. She slowed down, regained herself, and turned to the noida. She knew the process every candidate claiming to be the lost princess had to go through, and it was actually quite simple. Just not that pleasing to look at. "No way. I'm not doing that for you." Mila stated.

Asyn didn't seem to care, because she tore off the sheets that were being used to cover her breasts. Mila admired her sense of confidence as she searched for the royal birthmark. She found it exactly where it was supposed to be, on the middle of the chest inbetween the breasts.

Mila shrugged. "A lot of people get them tattooed on." But did everyone with the tattoo have the intricate details of the royal crown? Mila gasped. It couldn't be, she knew it had to be false. But something in her decided to help the poor girl anyway.

"Do you see it?" Asyn waited impatiently. Mila nodded. "Thank Gud. I despise taking my clothes off." Asyn struggled to get her sheets tied back on, so Mila lifted a hand and helped her.

"Then you'd really hate living in Firgrove." Mila said, thinking about the giant and dwarf dominated town that people only came to for a drink and a show. "But I'll take you to Silverglade. But I have to get one of my 'famous teams' together first. You saved my life back there, as much as I hate to admit it."

"Wait, you're really doing it?" Asyn looked shocked but pleased, but if she were pleased, then she really didn't know the dangers of Jorvik and Regina.

Mila nodded. "Call it some ulterior motive, but I'm in the mood for an adventure. And I know just the people to help."

Asyn nodded. Smart girl. Anyone that got on Mila's bad side usually didn't survive. But Mila needed this girl, a healer and a witch. Telepathic, too. It would be a great help to know what people were thinking when they saw Mila walk in. It was either "wow, she's too beautiful to be human", or for the people that knew her better, "oh shit!"

Asyn wasn't carrying anything either, so the two girls walked through the forest together in silence. Mila knew better than to think anyone would try to follow them once they saw fifteen dead Jorvik krigere and elves. Or were they even dead?

"Hey", Mila said to break the silence. "What did you do to the krigere over there?"

"I used telepathy to send them a message. Except the message was an aneurysm." Asyn said, clearly proud of herself. Mila thought that she was maybe a little too confident, and may threaten her place. But then again, she didn't have much of a place in Jorvik. She was an assassin, after all.

Mila honestly didn't know why she was taking Asyn on an impossible quest. If they would have met on different terms, they would have annihilated each other. But it didn't seem that Asyn was threatened by anything.

They walked in silence for another couple of minutes, then Asyn asked the question Mila was dreading: "If you're part human, how do you have powers?" Mila chuckled. Faes worked in magic, not powers, which were a result of multiple different things. Noidae also specialized in magic, but there were three different types. With noidae, it was straightforward. You were either an elemental, a fysisk, or a hjerne noida. Fysisk meaning body, hjerne meaning mind, and elemental was pretty self explanatory. Witches were born as one of the types, and had different powers depending on it. Some had one, others two, and some were lucky enough to have three.