Suspect 9: Lilly Padd

Other than her stepfather, the only other suspect was Carry's best friend, Lilly Pannida.

You found her just as school let out.

"Excuse me, are you Lilly Pannida?" you ask.

She stops and adjusts her name brand purse on her shoulder, "Yes, who you are?"

You explain who you are and her face pales.

"Can I ask you some questions?" you ask.

She nods and you both walk to a less populated area of the hallway. You hope that your recording will still be legible with all the extra noise.

"Can you tell me about Carry?"

She blinks rapidly and looks away, "I have been crying on and off every day since she passed."

New tears spilled onto her cheeks and she cursed as she frantically wiped under her eyes.

"Oh geeze is my makeup running?"

You say nothing as she tries to fix it before giving up.

"ugh, anyway, Carry and I have been friends for like –ever. We did everything together. I can't believe she's gone!"

"Do you think she was murdered?" you ask.

"Yes," Lilly nodded, "Carry wouldn't have wanted to go out any other way. But I don't know why anyone would want to kill her! I mean she was always rude and arrogant and would steal stuff every other day but that doesn't make her a bad person! She was always nice to me . . ."

Lilly got choked up and her mascara started running, "I am sorry, I can't do this anymore. . ."

Without a goodbye she rushed past you to the door.