Introduction

You sit at your computer and close minesweeper. Your favorite song is playing from your phone as you open your email. The day has been slow. It has been slow since the beginning of the month when you closed your most recent case.

                You scroll to the top of your inbox.

                There is a new email.

                Your eyebrows raise slightly as you open it.

                ***

Dear Detective,

                A girl at my high school died a few weeks ago. Her body was found at the school. I have been reading the police reports and I have a hunch that her death wasn't an accident.

                I don't know who to turn to since any of the teachers or students could have been in on it. Please help. Solve the mystery and bring this murderer to justice.

                -anonymous

P.S. below is a list of people who I think could have killed her.

***

                Your brow furrows. You have never investigated a murder before. Could this be a prank?

                You notice there is a file attached to the email labeled "Case Notes."

                You copy the email address into your search engine but there are no results. Pursing your lips you lean back in your office chair.

                The address of the high school is not too far away.

                You glance at the clock on the wall. School would be getting out in an hour.

                With a sigh you resign to check it out.

                You have nothing better to do today anyway.

                You grab your coat out of the closet in the hall and your keys before heading out.

***

Author's Note:

Detective, your job is to read this short Murder Mystery and guess who the murderer at the end in the "conclusion" chapter. if you are correct, then your username will be added to the "Real Detectives" chapter for all to see.

good luck! and Happy Sleuthing!

-Elizabeth Lux