10. Couldn't Help But Steal

Start from the beginning

I'm sure we pushed all his buttons, for he swiped his fingers, and Zoë watch flew in his hand. He pointed at me and Bianca before closing his fists. Pain flared my body and I gasped, stumbling back. It was gone as soon as it came, though, making me feel weak.

Once he was finished, he glowered at us,"Listen, if you want to go on the quest, go ahead, but I will not delay your punishment. This is a very stressful time for me, so I don't have time to deal with disobedient children."

I chewed on my bottom lip, looking at the others,"Fine." He looked at me,"Take our powers, but you have to give us the ingredients." He hesitated,"Please, it's the only way to save her. I can't lose my sister like this."

His eyes filled with pity as he nodded,"Ok, whatever." A sheet of paper formed in his hand,"But you must collect it yourself."

I grinned,"Thank you, Chaos!" I reached for it, but he moved it away from my grasp. I looked at his cold stare.

"But," Chaos said,"If I ever find you doing this again-"

"Yes, yes, I get it. We won't even think about it." I told him, reaching for it again, and this time getting it.

Chaos grunted,"Good. Now, I'll be leaving."

"Bye, Chaos." I told him, opening the folded piece of paper. I heard him flash out and read the words. Thyme, Oregano, and The Queen of Night. Wait, what? I've never heard of that last one...

I showed it to the others. Bianca pointed at picture of the Queen of Night,"I've seen that on Utopia somewhere."

Michael pointed at the others,"And I'm sure the Apollo kids have those."

I nodded,"Let's go check." We made our way outside, and we walked to the infirmary. When I entered, I spotted Will instantly. He was leaning back in his chair, talking to Nico. As I walked over to Will, he was smiling at what Nico just said. They both looked up as we approached

"What can I do for you guys?" Will asked us, sitting in his chair properly.

"We were wondering if you had any Thymes or Oregano?" Michael asked him.

Will raised an eyebrow and leaned back in his chair again, knowing it wasn't an emergency,"Can't say I do, sorry. Those are very powerful and magical herbs used only by my dad. We're restricted from having it."

I frowned,"Oh, ok then. I guess we'll just go talk to Apollo then. Thanks anyways." I told, turning around to leave.

"Anytime." He said, then resumed his conversation with Nico.

I turned to the others once we reached Half-Blood Hill,"Ok, so how about Bianca and I go and talk to Apollo. Zoë and Michael, you can go to Utopia and get the last ingredient. Deal?"

They all nodded. Zoë and Michael went back down the hill to our cabin. I looked at Bianca,"Let's go."

...

After a long trip to the city, we got to the Empire State Building, and I walked up to the counter,"Sixth hundredth floor, please." I told the man, who was reading a magazine.

He didn't look up,"No such floor kid."

I rolled my eyes,"Look, I just got stripped from my powers at the moment, so I'm pretty agitated. Sixth hundredth floor."

He stayed silent for a minute before saying,"What's your reason?"

"We need to speak with Apollo, dude. If you don't us in, my sister is going to die, and it'll will start a Civil War between the gods."