10. Couldn't Help But Steal

J A S O N

I paced the cabin, trying hard to come up with a plan. We need more ingredients, but we don't know what they are. If we ask Chaos though, then he'll know we broke in his office and stole the files. He'll hate us and then he'll have us removed from the team.

I tugged at the ends of my hairs, and walked to the window. I saw the tiny flowers gleaming, growing pretty fast. We only put them in a couple hours ago, but they've grown a lot. I gently touched the small petals, feeling comfort flow through my body. I sighed, forcing myself to relax. I turned around to face Zoë once more.

"Call him." I told her.

She glanced at me wearily,"Are you sure...?"

"Yes." I said, confidently,"It's now or never. Just call him."

She nodded, clicking a few buttons on her watch. She called an emergency meeting, so he'd have to come, but that didn't matter. He came instantly, looking happy to be called.

He nodded at us as he arrived,"Oh thank Gods." He said, relief evident on his face,"I'm finally able to end that stupid meeting. So, what's this about?"

They all looked at me. I silently cursed them all before glancing at Chaos once more,"Ok, I know you're going to be mad, so I'm going to just say it."

Chaos frowned,"Wait a minute-"

"We broke in your office, ok?" I said, making him freeze,"We were upset that you've been ignoring us, so we broke in and stole some files." Chaos looked calm, so I continued, wearily,"We saw a file about Thalia and took it, and when we saw that it could be a cure, we went to search for the flower. We went to the mountain and took it, but we can't use the flower by itself. We need other ingredients, and only you know what they are, so I need you to us what they are."

He crossed his arms, raising an eyebrow,"Anything else you want to confess, Jason?"

I shifted on my feet,"Yes." I muttered,"I stole an extra two files about Order and Percy, but we returned them all."

He nodded,"I know."

"Look, we're so sorry, but-wait what?" I stuttered.

He shrugged,"Yup. This is old information."

Bianca frowned,"How did you know?"

Chaos scoffed,"Come on, guys! I know everything that goes on in my planet. Did you really think I wouldn't find out? I was just waiting to see if you'd confess it."

I blushed,"So you're not mad?"

Chaos raised an eyebrow,"Who said that?"

I frowned,"But-"

"Nobody said I wasn't mad." Chaos interrupted,"In fact, I'm furious that you would even dare steal Top Secret information from my office. Honestly, I would've fired you if I could."

"Can't you?" Michael asked, weakly.

Chaos looked pained,"No. Percy would probably kill me if he found out." I looked down,"So, I'll have to do the next best thing."

Zoë looked at us wearily,"And what's that?"

He held out his hand to Zoë,"Give me your watch, Jason will be stripped of his powers along with Bianca. You will only get them back if you right your wrongs."

"Wait, what?!" We all yelled.

He gave us all a glare,"Be lucky this is your only punishment."

"Chaos." Bianca said,"I get you're angry, but we need them in order to succeed."