three.

VENOMOUS LIPS.
003. | ❛ dangerous liaisons.

IF THERE WAS ANYTHING THAT THE WILLIAMS were good at it was throwing a gaudy ball; often using these parties to symbolize their wealth. It was the only time that neighbors would support being in the same room with the eldest daughter of the household; it was the only incident were they would actually make an effort to speak to Emilia and treat her as a person and not the devil that they would talk about behind her back.

The preparations were all planned and set in the ballroom downstairs, and the daughters of the household were getting touched up while the guests were coming in. The two woman giggled as Emilia put finally touches of powder on Maya's face. Considering that it was the first gala that they have had in a while, Emilia made sure that her sister was also one that men couldn't take their eyes off. She wasn't one to sexualize her sister because she wanted her to stay young an pure; something that Emilia had lost awhile ago.

"Ready for the party?" Emilia asked, finishing up on Maya. Her sister smiled brightly at her, as Emilia pushed Maya out first out of the room.

The clicking of the glass was the cue of her father introducing his lovely daughters. Both of them held onto the railing, descending from the top of the stairs with Maya in the front and Emilia behind. Once at the final step, they were escorted over to their parents where they shared a kiss on the cheek and placed a painted smile on their face. The one of the perfect family.

As quickly as she could, Emilia dispersed from her family, and found herself at various different points throughout the night. The first stop was to get booze, the second to socialize, the third to dance alongside a stranger, and the fourth to check up on her sister. It was the same routine she followed at all parties, and casually seemed to loop around for 10 more times.

With each different occasion, she'd meet more people who she's never seen in her life. She always expected to have a huge audience to their parties, but with each party the people she recognized diminished. Although she never remembered people in town well, on her fifth loop it seemed to not be the case this time. Her eyes roamed around the ballroom to catch another man to dance tightly against, where she landed was a man who she knew didn't belong to their town. Her initial intentions were to conquer this man, but she didn't expect for her feelings to change for a unknown stranger. She wanted to know more about this mysterious new man; something new that she hadn't felt for a man other than for sexual desire.

Making her way across the ballroom, she found herself emerged in this man's identity. She tapped on the man's broad shoulder, and she imagined what his voice would sound like. He turned around a greeted her with a smile, and the man too her hand a placed a small kiss on it. His eyes never left hers, as he came back up to resume their conversation.

"I'm afraid that we haven't met," Emilia said using a very delicate tone. "I'm Emilia Williams."

"It's truly an honor to be in the presence of the daughter of the man of this great estate." He said, revealing a hint of a accent as he spoke.

"I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name." Emilia said.

"Sincere apologies Emilia. I'm Elijah Mikaelson." He put an accent in her name, but that wasn't the only thing that stood out to her. His surname was distinctly different from those around these parts. A foreign one that made her actually wonder more about him.
She knew that she would get that information, one way or another.

"Don't fret." Emilia smiled but still held a confused face, one that she used to get her men to ask her the question she wanted.

"Is there something wrong?" He asked with his tone changing drastically to one of concern; one that she never heard from anyone.

"It's simply that Mikaelson isn't a family name that I am familiar with."

Elijah chuckled and flashing a small smile, "My family is fairly new to this town, and this is our first time immersed with this community."

"Our family is delighted to be the one to introduce you to the town." Emilia smiled. "I apologize but I must be going now to go fetch my sister. It was nice meeting you, Elijah."

"As did I. I hope to see your face around more often." Elijah said as he kissed her hand before she left.

When she was away from Elijah, she assessed what she felt towards him wasn't anything physical or sexual. That's what made her mind boggled. It was the first instance in which she didn't feel like the manipulative bitch that she did, or that he was observing her as a woman to make a housewife like her mother.

Shortly enough, she found herself lurking outside underneath the stars. The bright beaming lights that were millions of miles away seemed to build a sanction for Emilia. Wrapped in her shawl, she continued to admire the essence of the quietness. What seemed to pull her out of her small paradise was the faint opening of a door, a man was perched against the balcony.

"Isn't it surprising that while you're in a room full of people, you can still feel so alone?" The man with an accent similar to Elijah's spoke, surprising that he knew that Emilia was alongside him in the dark with the small light illuminating from the house.

"I've never had that feeling. There's always one person that seems to claw his way into me." Emilia's voice resonated to a whisper as her mantle of seduction seemed to find its way to back.

"Have you found this lucky fellow yet?" He said turning as Emilia finally got a chance to see his face for the first time. One look in his eyes, the hunger that she was familiar with found its way directed towards him.

"Not yet," She responded feeling her hands seeming to navigate towards his chest. "But some people do seem to surprise me."

His strong jawline was visible to her as he leaned in towards her, bringing his hand to her cheek.
As Emilia took a lung forward to connect their lips, she was stopped and she couldn't remember why. The next thing she knew, his lips wasn't attached to hers but instead to her throat. The pain that emitted from it wasn't one she was used to, the sucking wasn't one to leave a mark. It was like he was eating her out alive, sucking all the red liquid out of her system. She couldn't scream, but she didn't want to. The pain as excruciating as it was, the certain factor made her even more pleased. She moaned loudly, as she was pressed against the balcony's large stone railing she pulled the stranger closer.

But, her pleasure soon stopped as she released a groan from her mouth from the absence of pain. She held where the incision was, and only felt the grip of fangs on her throat. The man stepped back as he licked his lips clean as Emilia gained her composition. For where she could see, red stained his mouth and the pieces that wrapped together were that he was the cause of her bruised throat and the red stains over his face.

"What are you?" Emilia asked with no fright or fear.

"My darling, it's something that you shouldn't take so lightly." The man cocked around before stepping forward to place both of his hands on the balcony with Emilia in the middle of the span of  his arms.

"Hit me with your best shot, any lucky fellow around here would know that I've seen worse than any could imagine." She snarled at him as he continued to lean down.

"Devious, aren't you? One of the many things I like about a girl."

"What are you?" Emilia asked calmly with her back arched, and their bodies almost connecting.

He cautiously concerned what he was about to say next, debating whether telling her what his secret was. "My name is Kol Mikaelson and I....."