Part Six- Surprise

"Ella, why did he ask you to stay?" Jace asked, while they were having lunch at Wolfe Enterprises' cafeteria.

"Just to finalise my scholarship form." She nonchalantly replied.

"What's there to finalise, El? All he needs to do hand you the form." Vince chimed in.

Feeling hounded, Ella quickly tried to think of a response.

"He forgot to sign it." She quickly stated and stuffed her mouth with fries.

Jace looked sceptical, but left his thoughts to himself.

"Come now children. Finish up. We need to thank Mrs Day for the wonderful tour she gave us." Mr James rushed.

"This trip was far from wonderful." A bitter Jane retorted.

Ella gave her a quick glance. It may have been a dry trip for Jane, but it was surely the most peculiar for Ella.

The children ended their meal and bid a tiresome looking Katrina Day farewell.

The drive back to the hotel was quiet, not as energetic as the arrival to Wolfe Enterprises. Ella spent most of the ride spacing out of the window.

She couldn't stop wondering about Mr Wolfe. He confused her. He was really forward, constantly overstepping boundaries. Was that just because he was affluent and successful?

He treated her like a child in some places, but then a woman.

She wasn't creeped out, just puzzled.

"Hey El, in two years time we'll be going to that school." Vince stated and pointed to a very regal looking building.

"That's the Wolfe School of Business?" She asked, stunned.

"It says so on that sign." Vince replied.

Ella could not believe that she'll be going to that school, all for free. The scholarship included accommodation, text book fees, the cost of the courses as well as a free tablet.

She absolutely shocked. She now progressed from a girl who had nothing, to a girl who'll have everything in two years time.

***
They finally arrived at the Wolfe Hotel. It was four in the afternoon and everyone just wanted to rest after being on their feet for most of the day.

Wolfe Enterprises was a huge a building, and what stunned Ella even more, was the fact that this was not their only branch.

Once the kids reached their floor, they each retreated back to their respective rooms.

Ella ran to her bed and plopped down on the soft duvet. It didn't take much for her to simply fall asleep. When she awoke, it was half past nine.

The room was dark, it was only the glimmering rays of the moon that made her able to see her surroundings. She turned on her light and headed for the bathroom.

Once she finished bathing, she walked towards her buzzing cell phone. It was nearly ten at night, who'd bother her at this time?