They didn't wait to be told twice. They left with a lot of "Yes, ma'ams" and "Yes, sirs" and a couple of salutes, just because it seemed like the fun thing to do.

Grover hustled us down the hall in the direction of the music.

As we walked further away from the teachers, Annabeth leaned in and asked in a low voice, "How did you do that finger-snap thing?"

"You mean the Mist? Hasn't Chiron shown you how to do that yet?"

Percy almost burst out laughing at Annabeth's expression. He missed Thalia's narrowed eyes aimed at him. Probably mad that he stole her spotlight... Well he did steal her role...

"That was close!" Grover said. "Thank the gods you got here!"

Annabeth and Thalia both hugged Grover. Percy gave him a big high five.

"So what's the emergency?" Percy asked, knowing full well, but still putting up the charade.

Grover took a deep breath. "I found two."

"Two half-bloods?" Thalia asked, amazed. "Here?"

Grover nodded.

"A brother and a sister," he tol. "They're ten and twelve. I don't know their parentage, but they're strong. We're running out of time, though. I need help."

"Monsters?"

"One." Grover looked nervous. "He suspects. I don't think he's positive yet, but this is the last day of term. I'm sure he won't let them leave campus without finding out. It may be our last chance! Every time I try to get close to them, he's always there, blocking me. I don't know what to do!"

"Right," Thalia said, taking command over the situation. "These half-bloods are at the dance?"

Grover nodded.

"Then let's dance," Thalia said. "Who's the monster?"

"Oh," Grover said, and looked around nervously. "You just met him. The vice principal, Dr. Thorn."

There were black and red balloons all over the gym floor, and guys were kicking them in each others faces, or trying to strangle each other with the crepe-paper streamers taped to the walls. Girls moved around in football huddles, the way they always do, wearing lots of makeup and spaghetti-strap tops and brightly colored pants and shoes that looked like torture devices. Every once in a while they'd surround some poor guy like a pack of piranhas, shrieking and giggling, and when they finally moved on, the guy would have ribbons in his hair and a bunch of lipstick graffiti all over his face. Some of the older guys looked more like me—uncomfortable, hanging out at the edges of the gym and trying to hide, like any minute they might have to fight for their lives.

But something was out of place, off to the side were three old... Ancient looking women, Percybcould recognize them instantly.

Time began to slow down to a crawlz giving Percy an insane sense of déjà vu. His fight with Kronos still firmly imprinted into his memory.

Percy approached the three deities. Bowing low, UE spoke, "Lady Fates"

"Rise hero" they spoke in unison. Before he could ask them about what was going on, they cut him off,

"It seems you have been given a second chance hero" came the crooked voice of Clotho.

"Use it wisely" continued Lachesis.

"Or suffer the consequences" finished Atopros, as the three of them faded out of existence, leaving Percy staring at an empty bench.

"There they are." Grover nodded toward a couple of younger kids arguing in the bleachers. "Bianca and Nico di Angelo."