Surviving

The look on Kougami's face cut deep into my heart. I just didn't get it. Did I do something wrong? What am I missing? This all was so confusing... it's as if I don't know something he did. Something about Sibyl. All I know is that our system is more screwed up than I thought. What is Sibyl? So many questions yet I have no answers. I need some answers.

(F/N)'s POV

I woke up the next morning, the images of the day before flashed in my head like a charging tsunami. It was still early to head to the office so I got up made my coffee and breakfast then headed to the infirmary. The place was quiet and empty the only sound was the beeping of the machines in this place keeping whoever was here alive. I looked out the window to see the city of Tokyo asleep. It was peaceful. Mornings like this have always been my favorite.

I entered the room they were keeping Kougami. Apparently, he was undergoing surgery last night and was still asleep. Part of me was glad he was asleep, I couldn't help but feel like he was angry at me and I don't think I could face him just yet.

I sat there beside him for what seemed like an eternity. I thought over what I would say for when he woke up. I would apologize, but for what? Sighing, I stood up and headed to the office since work was in a few minutes.

[office]

Once I entered the office everyone got quiet. The only two not accounted for was Ginoza and Masaoka. Awkwardly I sat down and began typing up some forgotten reports I needed to finish up by the end of the week. The only sound in the office was the clicking of our keyboards, it was so tense. It was like someone sucked out all the fun and joy out of the atmosphere.

The silence didn't last long cause all of a sudden a ruckus broke out just outside in the hallways. We all stood up and rushed out to see Inspector Ginoza pinning Enforcer Masaoka to the wall. They didn't notice us at first being too caught up in whatever the hell this was. Inspector Ginoza gripped Masaoka's collar with much force and said with an outraged voice "We have a job to do. All because your precious wannabe son is in the infirmary unable to do his job doesn't mean you aren't able to work as well." I was confused at first since then realized the 'wannabe son' was Kougami. But why is Inspector Ginoza so angry about Masaoka being concerned for Kougami?

Finally, they noticed us and immediately Inspector Ginoza let go of Masaoka and stormed off into the office. We stood there shocked. Well, Akane and I stood shocked, Kagari and Kunizuka went up to Masaoka to talk to him as if this was a practice drill on what to do when Ginoza was angry with one of us. Masaoka told us he was fine but then turned to me "(F/N) would you be a dear and get me a cup of coffee please?" I nodded and headed towards the break room organizing my thoughts.

I heard footsteps behind me and saw Kunizuka following me then she picked up her pace until she was right beside me. I took this opportunity to get some answers. "Kunizuka... what was that?" She looked at me with a blank expression. It was silent and we finally made it to the break room. Thinking she wasn't going to talk I began to make the coffee.

I was stopped short by Kunizuka's voice. "Inspector Ginoza... and Kougami. They were close before. Kougami was an Inspector, like Ginoza. So, of course, they were best friends from the start." I looked at her confused at this new piece of information. "Masaoka... he's Ginoza's father." I dropped the cup of coffee. Luckily it was a paper cup but it made a mess. "S-sorry that was just, um unexpected." She nodded and helped me clean up.

"Masaoka he was also an Inspector but his hue went up and he became an Enforcer. Ginoza was only a little boy at the time so it was hard for him with all the bullying." I stayed silent amazed by this new revelation. "When Masaoka became an Enforcer Ginoza felt betrayed. And when Kougami became an Enforcer he felt the same betrayal from his father. That's why he treats us like that. And since Kougami and Masaoka are close Ginoza felt like Kougami was taking his father away and that Masaoka was replacing him. He hides his pain by being cruel." I was speechless. I would've never guessed their history with each other.

After Kunizuka left me to give Masaoka the coffee I was left to my thoughts wondering what else I don't know about the team. After staying in the break room for a few minutes I had a sudden urge to visit Kougami. I made my way passing by other Inspectors and Enforcers and finally made it to the infirmary. The same sounds of beeping machines continued as I made it to Kougami's room.

Upon entering I noticed he was still asleep. I sat down beside him and began talking even though he wouldn't hear me it was good practice for the real thing. "Hey Kougami, it's been awhile since we've actually talked. Though I'm not sure if this counts," I laughed a bit at my little joke, "everyone misses you, well at least most of us do. I'm not quite sure about Inspector Ginoza, to be honest... he seems a bit angrier than usual so maybe that's his way of being concerned." I shrugged my shoulders not quite sure since Inspector Ginoza is a complicated man for sure. I was about to leave but the sound of a beep stopped me. I turned around and the line was flat.

(A/N)
IM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN SO LONG ITS JUST THAT I'M NOT GETTING THAT MUCH INSPIRATION FOR THIS STORY.
If you guys have any requests for any future chapters please do tell it could help alot. :)
— bubbletopia