The Reaping

We were finally at the reaping. I felt nervous, but I shook it off.
The lady was up on stage. I don't know her name because I just sometimes zone out.
But I think her name is....Armani? Eh! Whatever,all I know is that she looks like a ugly clown."Ladies first. As always!"She yells.
She sticks her hand in the bowl and pulls out a name.

"Dallas Johnson!"
At that I freeze. What?How? I try to hold in my tears as everyone looks at me. Im not going to cry. Not here at least. "Dallas! DALLAS!" I hear someone screem. It was my older brother, I couldn't believe he would shout out! The peace keepers try to hold him back but he wouldn't let them. "I...I volunteer as tribute!!" He shouts. I turn to face him," No,Anthony! I was chosen,I'll do it. You go home and take care of Emily and Mom. I'll be fine,I'll win this !!" I yell back. He nods and walks back into the crowd. Then the  peace keepers come and take me to the stage.

She looks at me and smiles. I just glare at Armani as she looks away. I can't believe I have to do this! But all I hope now is that I live,or at least be the last to die! "Now time for the boy tribute!" Armani shouts.

"Noah James!"
Good. I don't know this person. Everyone turns to a boy in the back. I can't believe I have to kill him if I want to win!

The peacekeepers take him to the stage. He looks about 17.He has brown hair and green eyes. He then looks familiar. Oh dear,he looks a lot like my brother. Now I don't know what to do! I wish I could run back into the crowd and into my mother's arms! But no,I can't!

"Shake hands!"Armani says. I roll my eyes and hold out my hand. After we shake hands Armani yells out" Happy Hunger Games! May the odds be ever in your favor!". I roll my eyes,how is this happy?!

I glans back at the crowd, a single tear slides down my face! This is defiantly the worst day in my life!!