As the barrier swung open the visitor's sheer size became apparent. He was at least a foot and a half taller than Silvia, and twenty times as broad. He attempted to hide this bulk beneath a thick suit, but nothing could obscure it completely.

Silvia's gaze trailed upward, grip on her gun tightening until she found his face. Glasses were slapped over his eyes like an afterthought and his dark hair was forced back, unnatural for such an unruly head of curls.

"Clark..." Silvia breathed, not sure whether to be surprised or annoyed.

"H-Hey, Miss Stone." He said nervously. "What are you doing with a gun?"

Silvia blinked at him in confusion, fingers curling around the cool metal in her palm. Wait... metal? Shit. Silvia jumped at the same time her racing heart did, quickly pushing the weapon behind her back with an anxious chuckle. "U-Uh, it's nothing..." She stammered, mind reeling to find an excuse. "It's the slums, ya know? You need a gun if you're gonna live here..."

Clark, being the trusting doofus that he was, gave a nod of understanding. His lips stretched into a smile and, despite his height, he slumped to make himself look smaller. "Th-That makes sense, this isn't the best neighborhood... Uhh... speaking of which, why did you choose here of all places to live?"

"It wasn't a choice." Silvia sighed, obviously not wanting to discuss it. She shifted her weight onto her right leg and tapped her fingers against the door. "Look, is there a reason you're here?"

"O-Oh, I was just here for that interview you promised me." Clark said with a small smile. "And... uh... I wanted to ask if you're alright."

Silvia's shoulders slumped. "You mean... about that night at the bar? I'm fine, they just mistook me for someone else. It happens all the time."

"You have p-people shooting at you that often?"

"N-No... Well, I mean..." Silvia stuttered, biting her lip to cease confessing something she'd regret. "As I said, it's Southside, someone's always being shot at... I th-think it might be best if you just... forget it happened."

"That just makes me worry more." Clark hesitated, then breathed a heavy sigh. "But if it'll make you feel better I'll try not to mention it again."

Silvia's fingertips halted their rhythm, instead pausing against the broken door. Her eyes widened slightly in surprise then fell to the floor with a muttered "Thanks... I guess."

The silence that followed put Silvia on edge, it was about as normal as deserted streets during rush-hour. Even the loud couple down the hall refused to engage in their usual squabble. Every breath was suddenly ten times louder, and every scent stronger. For the first time since she'd met him, Silvia noticed that Clark wasn't cloaked in heavy cologne like most men she met in passing. Usually she would have the smell stuck in her nose for days, but his scent was subtle...and refreshing.

"So..." Clark finally spoke through the quiet. "How about that interview, Miss Stone?"

Silvia crossed her arms over her chest. "You never give up, do you?"

"That's what I've heard." His lips finally stretched into a full grin. Silvia actually felt somewhat relieved at this. It convinced her that he wasn't injured. "So, may I?"

The blonde huffed but it didn't take her long to step aside and motion for him to enter her small apartment. "I suppose I owe you that much."

The moment Clark stepped into the room his blue eyes darted about at his surroundings, taking in the new environment. She could tell that he was a little surprised by the sheer state of her home. Honestly, she couldn't blame him.

Invincible // Supermanजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें