Chapter Twenty: The War of Truth

Danzo made his way straight for the newly instated Hokage, screaming as he ripped off his bandages. Several bloody Sharingans were revealed, swiveling this way and that, a sight that sickened even the ANBU who had been so closely supervised and tested by him.

Tsunade, however, was prepared. She activated her 100 Healings Mark, and dodged the Kamui, concentrating on keeping herself moving. Just then, a sight caught her eye.

"OROCHIMARU!! You brought back the First and Second Hokages! Are you with Danzo now?!" she bellowed, furious. Really, that snake...! "Explain yourself! Orochimaru Mitarashi!"

"For the assistance in saving the Yondaime's life four years ago, I believe it would have been quite appropriate to be named Hokage. However, with the stigma that your village attaches to criminals, it's impossible to repent," he hissed back, eyes holding a mad gleam in them. "Don't worry, Tsunade-hime. I'm not on his side. Once you're dead, I'll kill him as well."

"BASTARD!" Tsunade roared, dodging another Kamui and swinging out towards Orochimaru. 

Fugaku activated his EMS and used the Fire Style: Art of the Phoenix Flower in combination with Itachi, drowning out any hope for the survival of the ten unidentifiable Root members. They had been too focused on assassinating the new Hokage, that they had paid too little attention to the Uchihas who had been standing well out of way, yet close enough to attack, on the battlefield.

Hashirama used his Wood Style: Great Creeping Forest, taking down Homura, Koharu and Kabuto, locking them up in a series of trees that quickly turned their bodies to wood. Koharu and Homura had impressive knowledge of hand-to-hand combat, but they were entirely unsuccessful against the fast-moving wood, due to the fact that they hadn't used their skills in years. Kabuto was immobilized bodily without opening wounds, so neither could he use his fast-healing abilities, nor could he cut himself free from the tangling woods. 

Inoichi, Shikaku and Choza pulled off an extremely successful Ino-Shika-Cho attack on Hidan, who was furious that his normal self-harming technique was useless. Without landing any of his attacks on them, he was barely more experienced in hand-to-hand combat than an average genin. Inoichi used his Mind Switching Technique, allowing Shikaku to get a perfect grip on his shadow, as well as Choza's. A human yo-yo, Choza flew into Hidan, who had been forced into dropping his Jaishin weapon, and was instantly flattened into smithereens by the sheer weight of Choza's bulky body. Just for surety, Inoichi carried out the Mind Destruction Technique, so that he was manipulated into impaling himself upon his own weapon.

Kisame was in more trouble than he had ever been. He was itching all over, and even though he had drawn his sword, he was in no position to use it. Watching for the right moment, Inoichi used the Mind Switching Technique, causing him to drop the sword. At that moment, Shibi activated the Giant Poisonous Beetle, making the bug that had entered just into the surface of his skin break through it right over his heart, a massive, disgusting three-foot beetle.

Kakashi and Yamato had teamed up against Kakuzu. A successful Kamui took care of one of the five puppets, and Yamato's imitation of the Great Creeping Forest had killed another. However, they were still left with three puppets, as well as the actual body. Creating a Lightning Clone, Kakashi used the Lightning Cable technique to eliminate yet another puppet, attacking from its blind spot. Yamato created a Wood Prison, and Kakashi used the Great Fireball Technique to set it on fire. They were now down to one puppet and the main body, but Kakuzu made things more troublesome by spewing out more thread, shifting to his long-range mode. Using an insulated, hidden method of the Lightning Cable killed the last puppet, and Kakashi took down the main body with his infamous Raikiri, a seemingly insulting move to finish off this S-rank criminal.

Kurenai had successfully befuddled Sai and Shin in one of her flowery genjutsus, showing them a life outside of Root. A life without the brand of a slave. Once they were completely engrossed in her false, yet seemingly realistic, illusion, she got close enough to use her glass kunais on them, sending them through their hearts without the slightest hesitation.

Quite unaware of the powers of Byakugan, Pein took it upon himself to challenge the Hyuuga head. Hiashi swiveled, and all six Rinnegan bearers were flung back by his violently rotating chakra. Unknown to the six corpse puppets, Hiashi had used the few seconds of contact between his chakra and Pein's chakra, to locate the real body of Nagato. He moved slowly but surely, always using his rotating chakra to back them off, until he tore down the paper tree that hid the fearful Rinnegan bearer. Incapacitated, unable to get his puppets to attack for fear of getting hit himself, Nagato found himself cornered. Kakashi showed up just in time to pry him off of the exhausted Hyuga, and ended the duel with simple hand-to-hand combat and Raikiri.

Gai was having a youthful time with Sasori. Somehow, he had managed to get rid off his puppet casing, and was now battling the form of Sasori, the boy who had left the Red Sand ten years ago. Only his heart was living, a cylindrical form in his puppet body. Yet that puppet moved well. Gai opened up the Seventh Gate of Joy, moving at an insane speed that not even that flexible puppet body could follow. One disastrous blow to his heart, and Sasori was no more.

Hayate had been diverting Deidara's explosives time after time, yet at one point, the artsy blond ran out of clay. Unable to defend himself elsewise from the samurai, Deidara prepared to blow himself up with his C-rank clay stored in his body. Of course, he meant to blow up his insulation, which would leave his body scorched yet alive. Hayate, however, being a former ANBU, was trained not to turn his back but on a corpse. Before Deidara could set himself off, he impaled the young blond with his sword, cutting right through his heart, foiling any underhanded plans.

Yugao's perfect swordsmanship had taken its toll on Konan, who was running out of paper. Finally, desperation, her separation from both Nagato as well as the last remnant memory she had of Yahiko, she sent several paper bombs flying towards Yugao. Unfortunately, the trained feline ANBU was as good at dodging as she was at fencig, and her sword soon pierced through Konan's paper shields, taking her life.

Tsunade, alongside Jiraiya and Hiruzen, was battling Orochimaru. At the cost of his life, Hiruzen sacrificed himself to the Shinigami, taking away Orochimaru's ability to cast jutsu. Jiraiya quickly summoned Gamabunta, and cast the Toad Oil Bullet. Tsunade kicked the partially immobilized snake-summoned down to the oily marsh, which Jiraiya set on fire as he landed.

The two Senju brothers were quickly outwitting Danzo. Born to war and having been brought up in it, Tobirama and Hashirama had more than enough experience with the Sharingan. Tobirama created lifelike Shadow Clones, striking from every direction, gaining the sole attention of the hypocritical power hungry man. Hashirama used the distraction to bring an End to the war. His great Creeping Forest struck again, killing Danzo.

Madara had to admit, if Naru had been threatened by even a hair, he would have joined. But they were safe. They had only suffered minor injuries, lost no men, and even saved the village.

He looked down at the girl curled into his side and smiled, as one hand came to rest on her head. In the end, truth had finally prevailed.

Saviour || A Naruto Fanficजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें