Chapter Fourteen : She Saved Me [Tsunade]

Hashirama and his brother walked the kids home, and explained the situation to their parents, before returning home to the Senju with the completely relaxed blond girl.

That night, Tsunade woke up to the feeling that she wasn't completely alone in her room. Or more specifically, in her bed. She sat up, ready to the punch the lights out of the intruder.

"Naru?!" Her fist stopped midway as she stared at the girl who was looking up at her sheepishly.

"I'm sorry for scaring you, Tsuna-nee," Naruto said. "I wanted to be with you tonight, nee-san."

"Really?" Tsunade had a feeling that it was more than just that, but she didn't voice that.

"Can I ask you something, nee-san?" Naruto asked, blond hair falling all around her little figure.

"Sure go ahead," Tsunade smiled encouragingly. Or at least, she hoped it was encouraging.

"The Senju have the greatest healing powers, right?" Naruto asked, and she nodded proudly. "I want to learn medic ninjutsu from you. I mean ji-chan is busy with the advisory consulate. And nii-chan is already training me, sort of. I want to learn from you before I ask ji-chan to teach me what you haven't learnt yet. Kurama has started teaching me, so I know a bit already."

"How about you show me what you can do already?" Tsunade was out of bed in a second.

Naruto walked up to the older blond and touched a small bruise on her wrist. Slowly, the bruise disappeared, astonishing the medical Sannin. It was perfect for an amateur. Smirking, she led the blond to her archives, where she had stored away several hundred scrolls on healing. 

"We'll start doing practicals when you're through all of those," she smiled. "You can always ask me anything that you don't know, and you'll be better than any medic nin out there once you're through training with me. I bet even ojii-san will be surprised when I'm done with you."

"Will I become better than oji-chan?" Naruto asked, then looked thoughtful. "Nee-san, oji-chan is your grandfather, right? I heard Shikaku-san say he was the God of Shinobi."

"Jii-san was the first person in the world to form a village with many different clans living together in one place harmoniously. He is also the first person to take on the title of Kage. He formed a system where there were two councils; the shinobi council, made up of the leading shinobi of each clan, and the civilian council where the members are elected by the villagers. Lately though the civilian council has been interfering with shinobi council affairs, so it's a real mess. There are some good people on the shinobi council, but they are down-talked."

"Okay. So why can't oji deal with the bad guys?" Naruto asked. "He's the God of Shinobi."

"He's very peace loving too," Tsunade smiled. "He doesn't want to hurt people from his own village, even if they're being brats. Sometimes, I think Madara wasn't all bad. I mean, jii-san sure took some good decisions directed by him, before the two   fell out and had to fight."

"Did he kill Madara?" Naruto asked. Tsunade looked at her, wondering what she should say.

"He defeated Madara for sure. Some people think that he's still alive. I don't think so, though."

"That's wrong." Naruto looked upset. "He was the greatest healer, and Madara used to be his friend, so they shouldn't have to fight! I wouldn't fight any of my friends. There had to be a way for them to patch up. Even now. Because they were friends. I don't want Madara to be dead."

"Naru, he was a really evil man." Tsunade mentally facepalmed. "He's the one who released the Kyubi. It's because of that that your parents hate you, the villagers were hurting you."

"Ne, ne, who was the jinchuriki before me, Tsuna-nee?" Naruto asked, immediately distracted.

"Uh... Naru? We're going off topic over here. A lot. You came because you wanted me to be your secret medic ninjutsu teacher right?" Tsunade said hurriedly, sweat forming on her temples.

Naruto nodded, slightly put off by the way her big sister had suddenly changed the topic.

"Okay, I'll start training you. Whenever you're free, come read the scrolls till you've learnt everything in them," Tsunade instructed. "Come ask me if you don't understand something. And right now, get back to bet before my beloved uncle decides to murder me for kidnapping you."

"He wouldn't murder you! Nii-chan is really nice!" Naruto laughed as Tsunade tickled her.

Tsunade looked down at the little blob of sunshine in her arms and smiled. Ever since Naruto had come into her life, she had been spending less time dwelling on Nawaki and Dan. Slowly but steadily, Naruto had taken the spotlight in her life. She was  more open, able to laugh from her heart, and it had cheered up her old teammates to see their old friend back. Even the villagers had noticed the difference. First it had been Tobirama, but even she was affected.

Without even knowing it, the little blond had made her life worth living. Had it not been for her, she would never have gone along with her grandfather's crazy idea of becoming Hokage. She had hated the thought of taking the seat Nawaki and Dan had so dearly coveted. But for her new little sister, she would do anything. She didn't want Naruto to be hurt ever again.

It had taken her twenty five years, practically half of her life, to come to terms with the death of the two people she loved most. Nawaki had been her brother. She would have done, would still do, anything to get him back. He had been too young to die. It was after she heard that he had truly gone on, that she began to replace him with Naruto. She couldn't get back her brother; he had chosen to move on. But she could take in the cute blond who admired her so, as a sister.

Then there was Dan. Moving on from Nawaki had let her think straight, rationally. Come on, Dan had always said he would be Hokage. When had he ever told her that he loved her? Once, just once, when he had gotten the Necklace of Death, he had kissed her. Not even a proper kiss, a soft peck on the forehead, that was it. What had she been holding a blind hope out for?

Naruto had saved her from mentally destroying herself. As she rocked the girl to sleep, she thanked Kami for giving her another reason to believe. She would protect it at any cost.

A/N: I'm really sorry it was so late! Thanks for the 1.8K reads, it means a lot! Please vote on the chapters you like most. At the moment, SasuNaru seems to be the most wanted pairing, but please keep commenting who you would like to see Naruto or any of the other characters with.