The Competition

(Y/n) P.O.V

It's been a week since the incident. I didn't get hurt to bad. Just cut my head, I got stitches and I'm getting out of the hospital tomorrow. At least I've gotten visitors. Katelyn, aph, Dante , and I think Aaron? Was that his name, came to visit about 5 days ago. Lucinda and Garroth came to visit 2 days ago. But that's it. I haven't seen Laurence yet. I hope he's not beating himself up too hard. I know he feels guilty and well to be honest he should. But I kinda pushed him to do it so it's my fault too. "Just one day left." A voice says walking in. "*Gasp* Dr. Bayl is it really you?" I exclaim motioning for her to come over so I can give her a hug. "Oh (Y/n), just call me June, so why are you here? Who beat you up this time?" She said joking. "Uhhh, well. Actually it was a friend. He got really mad at me but I kinda pushed him to do it so..." I mumble. "Ohh I see. Well hopefully he's ok." She says reassuringly. "I hope." I whisper. "So how are things with your step dad?" She asks. "I just call him my dad. He's the dad I thought I'd never have." I exclaim. "But let's not talk about my past, how have you been?" I ask. "Well actually me and dale got engaged and I'm pregnant!" She squeals. "NO WAY!!! CONGRATS!!" I yell. "Ok well I gotta go but we'll talk more later. Also you have a visitor."she says walking out. I wonder who that is. "Hello?" I ask. All of a sudden shadow comes in. (Oh yeah my family came and visited once or twice) "hi." She mumbles. "What's up?" I ask not making eye contact. "Um, nothing. How are you?" She asks. "Actually I'm a little confused how GENE figured out who angel is and about dad AND about me!!!" I kinda yell. "I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking." She says crying. "Shadow you can't go spreading my personal life with others." I say a little angry. "I'm sorry." She says looking down. "Come here." I grumble. She walked over and I give her a hug. "Now what's the reason you came. It's not just to apologize." I say figuring it all out. "I can never sneak things past you. Um well a certain friend wanted to visited but doesn't want to come out, he thinks your mad at him." She whispers. "Ok so it's not Laurence." I say looking at her. "Um no. He's probably too upset. This is someone who feels guilty because they think there the reason." Shadow hints. "Which they are. Come in here Gene!" I shout. He strolls in. "Hi." He says bluntly. "Sit down. I have questions." I growl. He shrugs and sits. "Well I leave you 2 be." Shadow says and awkwardly steps out. "So. Gene. I heard something about a round 2?" I grumble. "Uh how did you-" "I wasn't really sleeping when that whole discussion happened." I say not making eye contact. "Oh so I'm guessing you-" "I heard about you having a thing for me? Yeah. I did." I interrupt again. "Let me finish one sentence would you?!" He says a little pissed. "Awe did I make someone grumpy." I say in a baby voice pinching his cheek. "Stop that. I just feel guilty that's all. I'm here to say sworyw" he mumbles not actually saying sorry. "I'm sorry what was that?" I ask. "I'm sworie" he mumbles again. "Could you say that again?" I tease. "I'm sorry all right?!" He shouts. "Hmmm. Fine, apology excepted." I say crossing my arms. "What? Really?!" He exclaims. "On one condition. You accept shadow as your friend. Got that?" I growl. "Oh yeah sure. I can do that." He states. There's some awkward silence until..."well uh I guess I should go. See you at school, wolfie." He smirks then walks out. "HEY!" I shout. "Whatever." I whisper. Time to take a nap.

~The Next Day~

"Finally free!" I shout running around outside. "Would you calm down, it's only been a week!" Mother says annoyed. "Oh um (Y/n), there's a singing competition going on tomorrow, do you want to join?" Mom asks getting into the car. "Uh, hell ya!" I say as if she's dumb. "Also you need a pianist so shadow is gonna help you." She squeals as we drive home. "Ok" I mumble. We finally make it home, "oh shadow has some friends over..." mom says casually walking in the house. I walk into the living room to see Sasha zenix and gene. "(Y/n)! Your back!!" Shadow screams hugging me. "Hey there. How you doing?" I ask hugging her back. (Yes you guys are not fighting any more)
"Well me and the gang were about to hang out for a while." She says. I look up to see Sasha and zenix just staring at me and gene couldn't care less. "Hi?" I say awkwardly. "Hmm." Zenix  mumbles. "What? I live here too!" I shout. "Heh I know, but you just look different that's all." Zenix says smirking. "Ugh. I hate boys." I mumble. Shadow just giggles. "Ok we'll have fun. If anything happens to her you're all dead!" I say cheerfully. They look at me like I'm crazy but shadow just says "ok I'll be back for practice, come on guys!" As she walks out the door. Gene was the last to walk out and he quickly waved goodbye. I wave back obviously cause I'm a nice gentle person. (Yeah right)