Chapter 10

You are a smart woman Niyati figure it out.

Niyati was tired and frustrated by the time she arrived home on Friday, but those words kept echoing thru her head at the most unexpected moments thru the week and today had been the worst.

What bothers her most was the fact that she was ready to give into her feelings for him with just few words. She didn't think about his marital status once during those few seconds.

She had tried to avoid him but he had insisted that she had to be present for the meeting so could be kept up to date on the security plans. She didn't know what he is up to or what he meant by those words but she wanted no part of it. If only she could convince her heart as easily as her head.

And now she had to be ready to answer more questions. She had been putting off meeting Nidhi but she couldn't avoid it anymore. Her unexpected invitation to dinner had been hard decline. She wanted to pick up the phone and make an excuse but she refused to give into her fears so she took a quick shower and got ready.

Half-hour later she pulled into a gated development and parked in front of a two story white house. She gathered all the gifts she had bought for Nidhi's baby and walked towards the front door. Before she could ring the doorbell the door flew open and she was hugged so tightly that she almost toppled over.

"You are finally here!" Said an excited and tearful voice. Niyati hadn't been expecting this kind of greeting from Nidhi. She was sure her friend would be angry with her for leaving and not staying in touch with her for years.

Nidhi finally released her and stepped back, "You look beautiful."

Niyati dropped the gifts inside the door and embraced her friend tightly, "You too."

They both stepped back from each other and smiled. She had missed Nidhi so much and was glad her friend is not angry with her but she also knew that she had lot of explaining to do. Nidhi took her arm and pulled her into the living room.

Niyati stopped short when she saw Shane, Varun and another man in conversation. So that's why he had looked smug when he said goodbye to her earlier. She ignored his presence and the smirk on Shane's face as she faced the third man in the room.

He held out his hand, "I finally get to meet the lady whom I have heard so much about. I am Rahul, this crazy woman's husband." He said as he pointed to Nidhi.

Niyati smiled and shook his hand, "It is nice to meet you Rahul. And I wouldn't believe everything you heard from your wife."

"Oh.. not all of it was from Nidhi."

Niyati turned and glared at Shane who held up his hands, "It wasn't me."

She avoided looking at Varun and turned back to Rahul, "Like I said, don't believe everything you hear."

Rahul just smiled in amusement.

Nidhi took her arm and pulled her towards the stairs, "You still have one more person to meet."

Niyati just shook her head at her friend's excitement and followed her to second floor.

Nidhi led her to a room decorated in Disney theme. Any and all Disney princesses were present on the walls of the nursery.

But what caught her attention was the small infant picked up out of the crib. Niyati had to blink few times to hold the tears that suddenly formed in her eyes at sight of the baby.

She couldn't help but lift her hand to touch the soft pink cheeks with her finger. "She is beautiful Nidhi. What is her name?

"Misha."