Chapter 9

Hello everyone!

I know its been a while, over a year I believe, since I updated this story, but the story was not shaping up like I wanted it to so I had to stop writing for a while. I have written and deleted many chapters because I just didn't like the way it was going. I needed some motivation and inspiration to get back to it and now I have it back on track. So here it is an update. I am going to continue this story. The updates may be little slow but I will try my best to keep it updated. Enjoy!

Chapter 9

Past..

"Where are you off to tonight?"

Niyati glanced at her roommate and best friend, "Zack is taking me to a new nightclub in the city."

"What's the name of it?"

The question came from the man sitting in the armchair in her living room watching her curiously. It's been three months since the conversation between her and Varun. She thought she would see more of him and things would finally be little more relaxed between them but it seems things were even tenser between them.

"The Blue Bird," she replied reluctantly.

"Call your friend and tell him you are not going."

Nidhi and Niyati both looked at Varun in shock.

"Excuse me?"

Niyati couldn't believe he just order to her to call off her date. She looked at Nidhi questioningly but her friend just shrugged then took her phone and walked out of the room leaving Niyati alone to deal with her infuriating brother. She had a feeling her friend had ratted her out and asked Varun for help with her reckless behavior.

"You heard me Niyati. You are not going to that nightclub."

"Who died and made you the boss of me?" She stood up and glared at him.

He got up and came to stand in front of her and scowled at her. "Someone obviously needs to boss you around. That place does not have a good reputation and I won't let you behave recklessly just because something has upset you."

She inhaled sharply and turned away from him. She is going to kill Nidhi as soon as they are alone. "What makes you think I am upset about anything?"

"Something's obviously bothering you for you to behave the way you have been behaving for the past week and half."

She turned back towards him and frowned at him, "And how would you know how I have been behaving for past week and a half?"

For a moment he looked uncomfortable. "Does it matter?" He asked. He took a step closer to her. "Is whatever bothering you worth taking a risk and going to a nightclub that could get you arrested?"

Her shoulder slumped in defeat and she once again turned away from him. Nidhi had obviously been worried about Niyati and sought Varun's help. She hadn't been in the best of moods since both her grandmothers had cancelled their visit with her, yet again.

She picked up the clutch from the side table, "You are right. It's not worth the risk." She took a step towards the stairs but he stopped her with a hand on her shoulder. As upset as she was she couldn't help but react at his touch.

"Is there anything I can do to help with whatever is bothering you?"

It would be so easy to turn and take the little bit of comfort he was offering but she resisted throwing herself in his arms. Like he said, nothing good would come out of her reckless behavior.