Chapter Twenty Three

Just pretend it's Katherine in the pic.

________________________________________________________________________

Katherine's POV

"So Carlisle, please tell me you can explain," I said nervously. "What happened?"

"I don't know," he said. That can't be good. If Carlisle doesn't know, I'm in trouble.

"Ok." I managed to hold in my freaking out mood. Everyone hugged me, then left. I really needed those hugs.

Only Edward stayed behind. "Edward? What am I?" 

"You're a vampire Kat. You're...well...you're no longer a werewolf," he said, looking at me.

It took a minute of two for that to sink in. When it did, I ran over to him and started crying in his chest.

Edward put his arms around me and sat down on the floor, still holding me. He didn't say it was going to be ok or anything like that.

He just let me cry. And I was grateful for that. After about half an hour, I looked up at him. "So what now?"

"C'mon I'm going to show you how to hunt," he said.

"Hunt?" I gulped. "As in, kill animals and drink their blood?" Edward sighed and looked down at me.

"Yes."

He got up and gave me his hand. I took it and we went into the forest. 

He showed me how to do it. I tried. I missed. Edward told me to try again.

I tried.

I missed.

"This sucks!!!" I yelled.

"Just try again Kat," he said.

"No! This is not what I wanted to do! I don't want to drink an animal's blood! I don't want to be a vampire! THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!!!!" I screamed at him.

"How is this my fault?!?!" he yelled back.

"If you had just sucked the venom out of me, this wouldn't have happened!!!" I shouted.

"It was already in your system, there was nothing I could do! Don't try to blame this on me! If you hadn't gone into the forest this wouldn't have happened!!!" he screamed with every step moving towards me.

I began walking backwards, honestly scared now.

"This is YOUR fault Katherine!!! You were the one who made yourself an easy target." I was pressed against a tree now.

Edward put his hands on either side of me so I couldn't get away. His eyes had so much anger in them I wanted to cower down.

Just when I thought he was going to hit me, he crashed his mouth against mine. I practically melted under his touch.

He slammed his body against mine kissed me so passionately my knees would have given out if he wasn't holding me up.

Edward put one arm around my waist and the other in my hair. Both my arms were around his neck.

He kissed me deeply. Edward pulled away and kissed my neck. I couldn't help myself.

I moaned. He sucked on my neck then returned to my lips. His tongue brushed my bottom lip.

I opened my mouth and his tongue slid inside, exploring everywhere.

After probably fifteen minutes, he pulled away. I leaned my head against the tree, breathing heavily.

Edward pulled me off the tree, sat down with his back against the trunk and put me between his legs.

My back was against his chest while he played with a loose strand of hair that lay on my arm.

"I love you," he whispered in my ear.

"I love you too."