“Elemmire duck!” I heard Legolas yell from behind me. I did not even think about the order he gave me, but complied with them quickly incase I really did not see a spider behind me.

The second I moved out of the way Legolas notched an arrow into head of the spider making it crumble to the ground. “Thanks,” I murmured looking up into his eyes. They were serious and slightly cold, but I knew that was just because we were all in danger.

This was no mere coincidence that all of a sudden thousands of spiders were suddenly attacking us, someone was after me and my flower.

Legolas gave a quick nod of his head before we both turned our focus on to the ever advancing spiders. We needed a lot of luck if we wanted to live through this one.

With one slick move I whipped out my long sword, twirled it around and then I drove it into the core of a spider who was readying it’s poisonous stinger. I continued to slay the spiders, but it seemed like for every spider I killed, three more took it’s place.

When I had the chance I turned around to see how Reinya was doing, but my hopeful thoughts were cut short when I noticed that she was kneeling on the ground and crouched over her stomach.

“Reinya,” I screamed coming to her rescue. As I called out her name, Legolas and Gorell both spun their head around to see what happened. I knew they would protect my back when I preoccupied with Reinya.

“Let me help you,” I demanded to Reinya who was pushing me away. She was strong and trying to hide it, but I knew she was hurt and losing energy quickly.   

“I’m fine!” She protested and then she attempted to stand up, but instead she groaned in pain and fell back to her knees.

“Don’t play this game with me,” I ordered, “I will have to heal you now because in a couple of minutes it will be too late.”

I knelt over Reinya’s weak body, I hated seeing her this way. But it gave me the urge to work even faster. I snapped my fingers together three time before a the fire came alive. My Fire Flower was no longer near warmth, so it would take everything I got to make this work. Without a second of delay I pressed the palms of my hands into her chest where the wound lay.

With all my might I did the best to heal her wound. I pushed every last bit of my energy and heat into her body. Once I felt the wound heal back up I sat back on my feet. The world around me seemed as if it was going in slow motion and tilting sideways, I took two more deep breaths before my vision was clouded and everything went black.

~~~

I awoke to blinding darkness, and flinched, as my eyes adjusted to the sudden change. I tried to move, but realized I was entirely covered in a sticky web-like substance. Spiders! My brain realized, and I pulled weakly at the bindings, causing them to stretch away from my skin, but they continued to stick.

I groaned and tried to get myself free but it was no use. Then I heard a voice from somewhere behind me, “Elemmire you’re alive!”

“You can’t kill me too easily,” I laughed, it was great to hear Reinya voice it gave me confidence that I was not the only one conscious. “How is your wound?”

“Sore, but healed.” Reinya paused for a second, “Ummm… how are we suppose to get out of this?”

“Not sure,” I replied frankly. We were hanging upside down by thin webs that connected us to the trees. And soon I felt the blood rushing to my head, I would not have been surprised if my head exploded due to the amount of blood collecting.

“Distract them,” I stated.

“What?”

“Use your Reinya skills and distract the spiders as I try and set myself free,” I explained. Maybe it was not the best plan I had ever come up with, but it was the only one I could think of. I flinched a little when I realized Reinya would be risking her life a little for me...but, not like she hadn’t risked it before for me.