Chapter 6

Harry’s POV

I played with one of the golden drachmas my father had given me, twisting it in between my fingertips. I glanced at the clock that was posted to the wall. 8:45. I had some time before Artclass. My roommate wasn't here anyway.

I made sure the front door was locked before making my way into the bathroom and shutting the door behind me. Turning the tub faucet on, I watched patiently as the running water filled it. I stopped the water as it neared the top and kneeled near the edge. I cleared my throat before flipping the coin into the lukewarm water.

“Loquar deis Apollinem Dianamque.”

The water started to bubble, some splatting onto the floor near my knees. I watched intently as the drachma seemed to dissolve into the bubbling abyss and a light blue color shined, painting tile bathroom walls. An image started to surface, becoming sharper and more recognizable as time went by. A woman stood there with her auburn locks messed about in luxuriant curls and a small smile, while the man beside her seemed confused, but nevertheless uninterested.

Thanks Dad.

“Yes, Harold?” My father questioned.

“You don’t sound so excited to see me,” I replied, leaning my elbows against the tub’s ledge.

“Do not take it the wrong way Harold, Artemis has just been giving me an earful. Now I remember why I never liked to prolong my visits.”

Artemis nudged him with her shoulder. “Yeah, yeah… You’re lucky I’m even letting you stay here. I should stick the wolves on you,” she muttered the last part before directing her attention back to me. “I haven’t seen you in years! Well, I haven’t seen you, seen you.  You look less like my brother and more like me everyday,” she stated, excitement laced in her tone, her silver eyes glinting. I smiled back at her, running a hand through my hair.

“Cool boots,” I complimented, noticing the flashy silver shoes.

“Aren’t they? Got ’em ‘cause they match my eyes. They good for running too… and kickin’ Ares arse.  I swear to the gods, next time he messes with one of my wolves I’m going to kick him all the way to Zeus so he can deal with him.” I held back a small laugh.

“Don’t you laugh. I ought kick your arse for pulling what you did last night. Autumn’s a nice girl. Do not tempt her," Artemis snarled at me harshly, her sudden mood swing puzzling me.

I held my palms up in mock defense. "I wasn't planning on tempting her. I just wanted to... try something. Anyway, I don’t have the Aphrodite effect where I can just seduce everyone and anyone with my good looks. You’re making me sound like a bad guy."

Artemis huffed, disregarding my comment. "You better not try anything else, Harry," she warned, her auburn hair blown slightly by wind.  She was probably the only other god - besides Hestia - who didn't refer to me as Harold. "Swear to the gods."

"Artemis, he cannot do that," my father interjected.  I smirked at Artemis, who only whipped her vision towards her twin brother.

"What the hell do you mean?" I watched as she questioned my father.

"Zeus asked me to send him to prove that humans are still worthy. Yes, the request may not have been the smartest on Zeus' part, but Harold is more than capable of doing it."

Artemis let out a loud huff, her attention back on Harry. "Fine then, just don't hurt her... I'll be keeping an eye on you."

"I don't have any intentions of hurting her," I answered honestly.

Artemis sighed, running a hand through her hair before clapping her hands together and giving me a wide smile. "So, how've things been? How're you talking to us right now?" she questioned.