Chapter 5

Autumn's POV

I finally decided to get my lazy arse out of the comfort of my bed.  I groaned and yawned as I rubbed my eyes open.  Everything was still blurry as I sat up on the edge of my bed until I could wake up a little more.  I reach for my phone underneath my pillow and check the time.  11:30 AM… Shit! I thought as I whipped the covers off myself and I jumped out of bed.  I was supposed to have met Harry at the main building on campus at 11.  I quickly went to my closet and opened it with a quick, swift motion.  I grabbed a pair of grey sweats and slipped a lightweight sweater over my head.  I cover my feet with a pair of black socks and my white and black converses.  I heard my stomach grumble and instead of depriving my hunger, I decided to grab something quickly. I made for my kitchen, reaching to open one of the black cabinets,  and snatched the first thing I saw was which a bag of pretzels. Running to my door, I tripped on my shoelaces, my feeting stuttering before I fell to the ground with a heavy ‘thump’. I really wasn’t surprised because I tended to fall a lot, but now surely was the most inconvenient time.  I hastily swung my door open and shut it behind me as I left for the stairs instead of the elevator.

As I stepped outside, nearly tripping again, I started to jog down the sidewalk. The air was chilly as it lashed against my face, numbing it slightly.  Loose strands of my hair flicked in my vision, but I looked passed them.  My arms were cold, considering I had forgotten my jacket in my hurry, my light sweater barely keeping me warm.  Luckily for me, the school wasn’t far away. Unfortunately for me, I was undoubtedly holding Harry up.  As I saw the huge, lush green field, I sighed in relief. I stopped jogging and caught my breath as I saw Harry sitting in the middle of the field.  I slowly walk over to him, noticing him fiddling with something on his lap. I wonder if it’s his bow again?

I rubbed my shoulders, trying to warm them as I walked towards Harry. “Hey, I’m super sorry for being late. I could’ve sworn I set an alarm-”

“It’s fine, don’t worry about it,” he directed his attention towards me as he smiled, wide and toothy, dimples on either side of his face prominent. They added a sort of cheekiness to him.  Why hadn’t I noticed them before?

Harry stood, much taller than me, bringing up his bow with him.  I hadn’t seen it fully the first time, but looking at it now, I saw just how intricate it was.  The bow was slightly curved and although the clouds above were thick and grey, its golden finish still glowed.

“Cool isn’t it?” he asked, lifting it up and holding it in both of his hands, “My dad got for me awhile ago. It’s quite useful. Not to harm anyone or something, but - y’know - for recreational purposes.”

I nodded slowly and blew out, the condensation from my breath visible. I stuffed my hands in my pocket, attempting to make them warmer.

“Are you cold?” he questioned, a sense of concern laced in his voice. I shook my head quickly.  He arched his eyebrow, scrutinizing me.  “Your teeth are practically chattering and your cheeks are bright red,” he reached out his arm, pinching the sleeve of my sweater. “This jumper barely passes as being warm in my book.”

“I mean, just a little, but I’ll be fi-” Before I could finish my sentence, Harry was slipping off his jacket - against my protests - and chucking it over my shoulders. I immediately felt cozy, the coat radiating Harry’s warmth onto me.  I smelt a trace of the same cologne from the day before when he had hugged me. “Thank you,” I mumbled, giving him a short smile.

“No problem,” he replied, a lazy smirk resting on his lips, ringlets of loose curls sticking out from the dark green beanie slung on his head.  His grey t-shirt loosely hanging over his tattooed chest.  One of his sleeves were rolled up almost to his shoulder. Not to my surprise, Harry was wearing a pair of tight black pants, once again with slits on the knees, and a pair of white, dirty converses.