Chapter 9

Mia left 2 days ago. I don't know if we can ever be friends again. How can she betray me like that? I've known her since we were 7. Who does that? Who lies to the person they love just for their own sake?

"Me," I say to myself. I did that. I lied to Jack just for my own sake. I can't believe I was so selfish.

Mom and dad have been gone everyday that we've been here. At first they thought I was suicidal. All I did was lay in bed and cry at the randomest moments. So they thought I was depressed. They even offered to leave and go home early. But they are having such a good time, I don't want to ruin it for them. Plus if I go home, there's a great chance I'll see Daniel.

I'm at the hotel by myself and my parents are at some night club. I get bored and decide to go on my phone since I haven't been on since Jack and I broke up.

I go on Twitter and look at my home page. A Lot of people found out me and Jack broke up and tweeted about it. One girl even said she was happy because I wasn't good enough for Jack. Someone else said that she was going to get Jack to go out with her. Good luck with that.

I go through my text messages and of course there was a billion texts from Mia. I read them all. It was all about how she was sorry and that she broke up with Daniel and that it was all one big mistake.

Then I went through all of Jack's old texts. They were all so sweet. One said that I reminded him of the sun. Too hot to get close to but you can still admire me when I was far away. I don't even know what that means.

But I know he loved me. And I'm going get him back.

I put on the best clothes I bought with me. A knee-length summer dress that was white and flowy. I put on my mom's strap sandals. I straighten my hair and do my makeup. I haven't looked this beautiful in forever.

I know where Jack would be because it was all over twitter. His friend, Kashno was having a beach party. Jack has to be there.

I walk over to the beach.

I don't fit in. Everyone is happy and dancing. I, on the other hand, am running around like a weirdo trying to find Jack.

I know if Kashno sees me, he will make me leave because sure enough Jack told him everything.

I look everywhere and I can't find him. I just need to talk to him.

I look over and notice some people are also partying at Kashno's house which is like right on the beach. Jack has to be in there. I run to the house.

I look in the kitchen, living room, game room, pool room. Everywhere and I can't find him.

I'm about to check the kitchen again but then I see Kashno talking to some guys. He'll see me. He is about to leave those guys so I have to run. I run upstairs and open the first door I found.

Then I see something that ruins my life.

Jack and Ryan kissing.