Chapter 10 - The Blue Dragon (Final Chapter)

Chapter 10 – The Blue Dragon (Final Chapter)

"How long are you going to stay there?" I asked Shin-ah. It had been hours since he brought me to my room because Yun had already finished closing my wound. Shin-ah was also the one who even brought me my dinner and he stayed there ever since.

"You might go train behind my back,"

"But I want to go outside!" I whined like a little girl. It was my plan to wander outside once he left my room...but he hadn't. He was there when I slept to rest and he was still there when I woke up.

"Do you really want to?" he looked at me. I nodded my head quickly. Being bedridden was too much of a hassle because I couldn't stand laying there while doing nothing productive. "Okay," my eyes lit up. "But I'm coming with you,"

"It's better than being stuck here,"

I slowly stood up, my body was still aching but my energy was enough for me to be able to walk. The both of us went outside. I wandered to the forest of the castle, reaching a cliff in the end. The moon was full tonight.

Wait.

I looked back to see Shin-ah who was staring at the moonlight in awe.

This scenario...

This scenario was from my vision.

"Is there something wrong?" Shin-ah noticed my reaction.

I shook my head, "No. I'm just thinking that the moon is beautiful tonight. The moon lights up like the sun. It's warm and...beautiful," I suddenly noticed something, "Shin-ah...it means moonlight, doesn't it?"

He nodded. "I was named after the moonlight. Yona gave it to me,"

"Tell me, Shin-ah," I focused my attention on the moon. "Are you in love with Yona?"

Why did I ask that? The answer was obvious judging by his actions.

"No,"

"I kne—What?" I thought that my neck was going to snap when I immediately looked at him. My eyes instantly widened by surprise. Did he just say 'no'? Why was he lying to me?

"Yona is a...friend," he emphasized the word 'friend'. "She is the one who gave me my name that's why she's important. She's my first friend...I could consider her my best friend just like Ao,"

"Are you really sure?"

"Yes," he nodded once again. "Yona is important...and so are you,"

I chuckled and bumped my shoulder on his arm. "Am I a friend now, huh, Shin-ah?"

"Probably more,"

I wanted to search him for any signs that might serve as proof of him toying around with me—but I knew better than that. Shin-ah was a sincere person. He was someone who was too honest for his own good.

And he was also the type of guy who didn't kid around.

Shin-ah removed his mask with one hand and looked at me eye-to eye. His gold eyes were taking control of my body...but not in a bad way. "I can't fully master my control of these cursed eyes before...but when I met you, it was different,"

"What do you mean?"

"Because of you, I learned to love my eyes. I also learned to treasure them,"

I raised my left arm on his cheek and asked for permission, "C—Can I?" when he nodded, I used my thumb to close his right eye.

They eyes of the Blue Dragon.

No.

The eyes of Shin-ah.

His right hand held my left hand closer to his face. It was like he was yearning for this for so long. He looked like a child who found hope. If this was the face that I could bring him, I would rather have myself serve as a tool for him forever.

"I find my eyes beautiful now," he smiled, a smile that Jae-ha said that only a few had seen. My heart started to beat faster again. "But your existence is something that I find more beautiful. Your beauty surpasses all those beautiful things that I've ever seen,"

Inch by inch, his face moved closer while I just stood there, observing him. My eyes automatically shut themselves as I felt a soft and gentle damp on my lips. I cupped both sides of his face as his arms circled around my waist.

It was my first kiss.

And I made a request to God for us to be together forever.

He pulled away after five seconds then said, "I love you,"

"Did Shin-ah just say I lo—"

"Shh...! They'll hear you!" familiar voices were heard from behind the trees.

"Roo-na is looking this way!" another familiar voice joined.

How long had they been there?

"You guys can all come out now," I sighed. One-by-one, everyone revealed themselves from behind the huge tree.

"W—We were just curious of what our younger brother is doing!" Kija defended the group and everyone nodded like they weren't guilty of intentional eavesdropping.

"We thought that you might run into some problems!" Jae-ha smiled sheepishly.

"It wasn't my idea at all! I just followed them!" Yona—with Ao on her shoulder— acted all innocent which hinted that she was the one who came up with the idea of following us.

"But not bad at all, Shin-ah!" Hak patted Shin-ah's back. "I was just passing by when I saw the two of you. I was just lucky to catch you in the right moment,"

"Who would believe that?!" I yelled at Hak. King or not, he still made up a terrible excuse.

"We followed you here because we wanted to see how Shin-ah would confess!" Zeno admitted and everyone sighed at his honesty.

Yun seriously looked at Shin-ah, "With your vision, didn't you already see us here?"

Shin-ah nodded.

"You knew?!" I asked him and he nodded once again.

"W—Why are you not even embarrassed?!" Kija pointed out. I was embarrassed that they caught the two of us but I noticed that Shin-ah didn't give a damn about what they thought. "You even said 'I—I love you'!"

Shin-ah intertwined my hand with his and told them, "I do,"

"Let's go back," Yun said as he started making his way towards the castle. "We all expected for this to happen after all,"

The group walked in front of us, obviously talking about us, while Shin-ah and I walked slowly behind them. I held his hand tighter for a response.

I love you too.

Maybe I should visit Ik-su and thank him for asking me to become the official priestess of Kouka Kingdom...

...And maybe I should ask Shin-ah to come with me too.

***

There are going to be four books in the series where the main protagonists are the Four Dragons. Go to my profile to check it out. Don't worry about reading it in order since each of my stories are independent and doesn't affect each other at all. 

The Definition of Beautiful (Shin-ah Love Story) - Completed

The Definition of Eternity (Zeno Love Story) - Completed

The Definition of Freedom (Jae-ha Love Story) - Completed

The Definition of Loneliness (Kija Love Story) - Completed