Chapter 3 - The Blue Dragon

Chapter 3 – The Blue Dragon

I—of course—left the part out where I could be beneficial to the Blue Dragon. The Blue Dragon's power was a double-edged sword. In my visions, he would also be paralyzed after paralyzing or killing dozens of men...and that was where I would come in. With my healing powers, I could heal the Blue Dragon's backfiring powers instantly.

The Dragons' lifespan was short—but the Blue Dragon's lifespan was way shorter. And in the future that Ik-su and I had seen, if I were to remain by his side, I could guarantee to lengthen his lifespan. I wished that I would have been able to see what he looked like, but he was not facing me whenever he used his powers in my vision.

I decided to wander the castle in daytime. I needed to look for Zeno to make an official request to Yona. "What are you doing outside, mi'lady?" I spotted Jae-ha on the training grounds of the castle.

"Was it now illegal for a priestess to wander the castle?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Not really," he scratched the back of his head. "But I just wanted to make conversation,"

"I was looking for Zeno to request for this...but you would do. Can you please ask the Queen to prepare a spear for me? The one with blades on both sides? I traded my spear for some food that I gave to the children in the fire tribe,"

"I think we have that one in the weapon room. Just wait for me here, mi'lady," after I gave him a nod, he jumped then vanished from my sight.

A cute sound caught my ears. I looked down and saw that there was a squirrel there. So cute. I picked it up and brought it closer to my face. "What are you doing here?"

"Ao, whe—"

"Shin-ah," I greeted him. "Is this cute squirrel yours?"

"Yes,"

"What's her name?"

"Ao,"

Ao, huh? When I first met Shin-ah, he said that he was alone before Yona found him and ever since Ao died. I guessed that this Ao was really a person and he named a squirrel after him. "Her name suits her,"

"Ao likes you," he explained.

"I like her too," I smiled at the squirrel.

"U—Umm...what are you doing here?"

"You mean here in the training grounds?" he nodded. "I asked Jae-ha for a weapon then I thought that I could train a little,"

"Train?"

"Yes," I told him. "I did say that I fight, right?"

"You did,"

"Do you want to train with me?" I asked him and he slowly nodded.

As if on cue, Jae-ha landed beside me. "It's your luck that no one uses this kind of weapon," he handed the spear to me, sturdier than the one that I had previously owned. "Oh, are you going to fight with Shin-ah?"

"Well, he agreed," I shrugged.

Shin-ah pulled out his sword and was already on-guard. I rotated the spear and realized it was the perfect weight for me. I familiarized with it for five seconds, placed Ao on the ground, and launched at Shin-Ah.

***

After half an hour of fighting, I panted heavily. "It was a good fight," Jae-ha clapped. "But you need to build up your stamina, mi'lady,"

"It's not about my stamina," I breathed out. "Shin-ah made me use unnecessary moves that's why it exhausted me this fast,"

"At least you were able to put up a fight," Jae-ha complimented. "Not all women could do that,"

"You're good, Shin-ah," I told the guy who wasn't even near to being exhausted. "Let me fight you again next time to make up with my lost,"

"O—Okay,"

"Don't be so shy around her, Shin-ah," Jae-ha chuckled. "You should consider her as one of us now. She would be living and fighting with us for now on after all,"

"I'll try," Shin-ah nodded.

"Roo-na!"

"Zeno," I greeted the boy who was running toward us. "Is something wrong?"

"Seems like there's a group of bandits harassing the villagers of the water tribe," Zeno explained. "Yona wants you to go and back up the general. Do you want to come?"

"Of course," I said. It looked like Hak and Yona wouldn't be able to go since they were crowned King and Queen now. "Is it just me and you?"

"Yona said that you, Shin-ah, and Jae-ha are enough," Zeno said. "So don't go lonely without me, alright?"

I flicked his forehead. "I've been living all these years without you, Zeno. I wouldn't be lonely at all,"

Jae-ha placed his arm around my shoulders. "Don't worry about her, Zeno. I would be there if she ever feels lonely,"

I sighed. "I don't know if you still haven't got the hint, Jae-ha, but I'm not interested in womanizers like you,"

Jae-ha clutched his heart. "That hurts, mi'lady."

Somuch for being so overly dramatic.