• 5 •

Imani's mother in mm
~

Skipping ahead to Saturday.....

"You ready?" Tony had asked me for the millionth time today.

"Yes I am, I'm kinda nervous though," I chuckled, adding lip gloss on my top lip.

Today was the day August was taking me out for a date and I was absolutely nervous.

Of course I'm happy to go on a date with him, but he's moving too fast in my opinion.

Just like the other day when I was at the water park with summer, him grabbing me by my waist, and rubbing his hand up and down my spine, and when he kissed me.

Yes, I liked it. But I'm only nineteen and he's twenty one years old, the question is, why'd he choose a young one like me?

"Hello did you hear me, go answer the damn door," Tony pushed me.

"Okay, there's no need to push me idiot," I laughed, making my way towards the door.

I could hear my mother's voice but I had no clue what she was saying, or who she was having a conversation with.

"Mom, what are you doing?" I cocked my head to the side, seeing she had a cheesy smile on her face.

"Oh nothing, just talking to this young man, who arrived at my doorstep asking if he can come in," she smiled, opening the door more for me to see August.

"Hey," I smiled nervously, waving my fingers.

"Hey beautiful,"

"Look at my baby growing up, next thing you know you gon' be popping babies out that thang," she said, wiping her fake tears.

"Sometimes I wonder if your my real mom, I act nothing like you," I shook my head, laughing at her actions.

"Well well well, if it isn't September," I heard Tony say, walking down the stairs.

August looked at me like she was crazy or something, "Do I know you?"

"Yes you do, I was the one who got kicked out of your show this February, remember?" She asked curiously.

"Oh! Yes I do rememba' you now, I told yo' ass ta' stop grabbing my damn shoe, but you just didn't care, huh?" He smiled.

"Yea, I was tryna' see what kind they were, I wanted to buy me some," she laughed.

He just smiled and nodded, "Well um, we pos' ta' be outchea by ten so I think we should get ready ta' go," he stood up from the couch.

"Oh, okay let me just grab my shoes and purse and I'll be right back,"

"Ight, I'll be down hea' waiting for ya'," he smiled.

~