Not Yet

It was dark.

I opened my eyes.

Even darker.

Where am I?

The void? No. Too much space.

I moved a finger. Then two. Then my whole hand. The movement continued. Up my arms, to my head, down to my feet.

After being trapped for so long, finally I was free.

Well, almost.

I lifted my arms up. They pressed against something hard. Out to the side, same result. I appeared to be stuck in some sort of container.

Push against it.

No result.

Harder.

I pushed against the container as hard as I could. Slowly, I began to push the cover off, exposing a great amount of light. Once my task was complete, I sat  up and took a look around. I recognized the room immediately, although it was not like how I remembered it.

When I lived here, this room was used as a study area. Endless piles of paperwork sat on desks and there were many filing cabinets. Now, all that was gone, replaced with seven coffins, each with a different colored heart on top.

Why am I here?

This was not where I had died. Nor was it where I was buried. No matter. It had nothing to do with my mission, so it was unimportant. I climbed out of my coffin and walked through the halls that would lead me to the rest of the underground. I took out my knife. If I was going to achieve my goal, this soul would need a lot more LV.

The atmosphere around me was bright and cheery. The Underground was full of life. I could faintly hear Asgore humming as he watered his flowers. My hand twitched on the handle of the blade. Itching to begin, to start gaining EXP.

Not yet.

I was not strong enough. Physically or mentally. It would be easier to fight some lesser monsters before the king.

I reached the elevator that would take me back to the CORE.

And so it begins.