Chapter II

Minato awakens with the slightest of headaches. He squints his eyes as they slowly peel open because of the bright sun. Cerulean blue optics scan the area for any sign of spectators.

It appears to be the same place he died, deep into the forests of Konohagakure. The trees were still plenty, and the grass as green as its ever been. Minato smiles. Just as I remember.

He then sighs in relief; no one is here. He stands slowly so as to not further aggravate his headache. I can't believe I'm really alive. . Minato shakes his thoughts away in order to focus.

He checks his cloak for any weapons, tools, or other clothing items. All that he's able to forage are a couple kunai and shuriken. Looking down at himself he frowns.

I'll need a henge.

Minato puts his hands together and channels his chakra in order to put a henge over himself. His golden hair turns brown, and his cerulean optics turn green. His hair is also shorter, the average style of a young man.

He appears to be no longer warring his cloak, and instead is dressed in standard Jōnin uniform. Minato takes in a deep breath of fresh air before leaping into the trees of the forest, and racing towards the village he protected so long ago.

- - - - -

Upon reaching the village, Minato is greeted with the great doors of the northern gate, and main entrance to Konoha. He smiles lightly to himself as he watches Izumo and Kotetsu guard the gate.

He stealthily slips through with ease, enjoying the feeling of using chakra after such a long time. When he enters the village, his eyes light up. The village is bustling with life as the villagers live out their everyday lives.

It really is a refresher to see such happy smiles after the way he left the village. It seems as if the carnage and destruction that took place thirteen years ago was nonexistent.

If only you were here with me, Kushina.

Snapping out of his blissful daze, Minato makes his way to the Hokage Tower. The building must've been renovated since he left, it seems to be looking a bit better.

Minato carefully makes his way past all of the guards and ANBU operatives to reach the Hokage's office. He softly knocks on the door a few times and waits for a response.

"Come in." The Sandaime replies. Minato makes his way into his former office. The present Hokage greets him with a neutral countenance. "How may I help you?"

Minato gives a friendly smile before sweatdropping. "Uh, first, could you dismiss the ANBU? I have top secret information I'd like to share with you. No one else can know."

The Sandaime gives a tentative nod before signalling the ANBU to evacuate. He then prompts Minato forward. "Please, tell me what is so important."

Minato nods respectively and releases his henge. He quickly forms a barrier around the office as well, for extra measure. The Sandaime is shocked. "Mi-Minato!"

Said person bashfully rubs the back of his neck. He chuckles at the Sandaime's surprise. "It's me, Hiruzen."

"But how? Why?"

"Let's just say I got a gift." Minato says with a smile. Hiruzen does not question him any further, simply glad and astounded that Minato is alive.

Minato is quiet so as to let Lord Third soak in what is being presented to him. He suddenly notices a hopeful look on Hiruzen's face. "Is it possible that you want to be Hokage again?"