Hannah's Confidence

Start from the beginning

Hannah shook her head at Maria, "I need to get out of here, fast."

Maria made sure the door behind her was closed and closed the distance between them, "What's going on?"

"The sperm donor," Hannah whispered to Maria.

"That guy?" Maria asked surprised, "You sure know how to pick 'em."

"Maria!" Hannah hissed.

"Fine, you can wait outside. I'll tell your mom you're doing some quick shopping for some sweets I'm baking later. She'll buy it considering I'm always baking."

"Thanks!"

Hannah slipped through the back door, letting Maria handle the situation. It wasn't ideal, she rather takes care of her own problems, but she wasn't ready to face him. Not when she was nearly five months pregnant with the baby he knew nothing about. She was waiting for eight minutes outside, wrapping her arms around herself to get a little warmer. She didn't think he'd take his time, he always had been busy, always on the move. He was taking his sweet time today though. It pissed her off more.

"You rather stay out here in the cold than face me?"

She swallowed hearing that voice. He found her hiding spot, he wasn't supposed to. But then again he always had been an intelligent man, picking up on the little things. Inhaling deeply she slowly turned around and faced him.

"Nero." She greeted.

"Hannah." His eyes traveled to her round stomach, "That's a surprise."

He didn't sound surprised and when she scanned his face he didn't look surprised either. She did, however, see pure rage in his eyes, hidden by his usual charming smile. She tried to cover up her round stomach by lowering her arms, it didn't hide anything though. But it gave her a bit of comfort.

"I suppose it surprised us all."

"Hannah-"

She raised a hand, not wanting him to come any closer, "Please, don't."

His eyes darkened, "We need to talk about it, don't you think?"

She didn't want to talk about it. She already convinced herself she could do everything on her own, she didn't need Nero D'Amore to help her. He helped her enough already.

"I-I need to get back to work."

Nero didn't listen to her and stepped closer to her. They were standing in a narrow street, his presence overwhelming her. He always looked intimidating because of the coldness in his eyes and his impressive height. He knew how to use them without using force or raising his voice. It was something which had intrigued her. Now, however, it scared her. She was on the receiving end of his coldness and there was no escape.

"Maria has it covered."

"You don't know that." She narrowed her eyes at him, "I can't let my employee deal with the morning rush on her own." She gulped down the fear she felt and stepped closer to him as well, their feet nearly touching as she tilted her head back to look him in the eyes again, "So right now I don't have the time for you."

She was about to turn around and head back inside when he grabbed onto her wrist, keeping her in place, "Then you make time for me." He told her, "This is something which can't be ignoring."

She pulled her wrist away from him, "Why are you assuming this has anything to do with you? Don't be so arrogant and think the world always revolves around you."

"Then you saw someone else right after me?" He asked her, the tone of his voice mocking her.

She remained silent.