There's no good in goodbye

That's what I concluded when snow turned to water, and winter waved the cold away to say hello to the summer sunlight.

When we grew older as the days passed and the old coffee aroma with our favorite tv shows disappeared with our young dreams and messy fashion sense.

When all we thought about is playing while it's raining and building castles out of sand, when all we worried about were our coloring pencils and the fedora that we lost in a sea so immense.

Today we look back with a smile hiding memories and remorse, for our actual time when siblings fight for iPads and video games, when kids never leave the house for a football match with the neighbors or riding their friendly named horse, instead, they are freezing in front of a screen lingering till they fall asleep.

Today in the living room we gather, each one of us with a piece of technology in a corner, no loud family laughters or exchanged jokes, no happy birthday cheers without a song in the background, we hold our phones to our ears every night, calling strangers, confessing our hearts to whom we thought they're the best people we found.

A letter has lost its dignity, and inked writings have lost their values, no doorbells are rung, and i love you is close to become a greeting manner.

Time flies with our childhoods on its wings, and nothing is worse than this flight.

There's no good, in goodbye.