With one pained groan, the fur-coated creature falls lifelessly to the grass. Harry didn't stop there, in fact, he continues to tear at the dead body. Creating more slashes and biting into the animal. The sun hadn't set yet but clouds ghosted over it, keeping the warming rays from reaching the forest.

The clouds would also cover everything, the pretty stars, and the moonlight. Harry only hisses and snaps his jaw when Liam advances toward him. When Liam was just a few feet away, he bolts. Taking off into the night and thick forest leaving nothing but a concerned friend and a puff of dirt in his wake. He hadn't stopped running since then. His paws pushing off the grass faster and faster every time. That was until he came upon the field that only chipped away at his heart. Just as he is about to take off in another direction, his raging reds catch sight of a small shivering figure.

He already knows who it was, yet he didn't run away. Like fate itself had taken the wheel of his life; his legs began to carry himself closer to the person. It was then when the sobs made their way to his ears. Without giving a second thought, Harry lunges at the boy. Gently though, and nuzzles his nose into their torso.

Louis gasps as he collides with the ground. A whined dances its way to his ears when he begins to sit-up. The pitch black fur, the faint familiar scent of peppermint; he knew exactly who was burying themselves into his shirt. "You are back," Louis whispers oblivious to his own heart beginning to repair itself. As his eyes adjust to the darkness, he sees his white shirt now smudged with a red liquid.

Harry hasn't pulled away at all. He continued to cloak himself in Louis.

Louis wipes his dried tears and bites his lip, "you are hurt," He confirms after combing his fingers through the fur on Harry's spine. After successfully pushing Harry off his tummy, the two begin to walk to Louis' house. Louis claimes that he needs to help Harry's wound at his home where his mother kept all medical treatments.

The forest was like a dark abyss. Louis could see faint figures that he knew were trees but relies on Harry to guide him through the darkness. His hand was on the wolf's head, close to the blazing red eyes. The echo of owls and other animals, and twigs snap under their feet were the only things Louis hears.

"I am sorry," Harry halts his steps and turns around, tilting his head to the side, "I left you that night." Louis continues, "I just... I was scared. I had a nightmare and I couldn't bring myself to get up."

"Are you angry?" His voice was small, so vulnerable. "I-If you want, I can treat your cut. Then you can leave-" Louis chokes on his words when the wolf only nuzzles back into his tummy. That single action was enough to ease his emotions.

It was dark when they reach Louis' house. It was difficult to sneak a large wolf through the back door since Harry had continued to bump into tables and almost shatter a glass vase that Louis barely catches. Once they successfully slip through his bedroom door after passing his parents and siblings rooms, Louis whispers for Harry to stay put and not to move. The wolf listens obediently until the younger boy returns with a first-aid kit and wet towel.

Louis locks his door before telling Harry to lay down. The wolf plops onto the carpet and watches Louis switch on his purple lamp. It was easier to see the picture frames that were hung on the walls when the light turned on. As Louis cleans Harry's wound, the latter observes the boy's bedroom. There was a large bed—unmade—and a desk in the corner by the window. Fairy-lights hang from Louis' headboard in different shades of blues and greens.

"I am sorry, my room is a mess." Harry watches as Louis' cheeks lit up in the dim light. His eyes were still red and puffy and Harry feels it stab at his heart.

He didn't know what came over him, probably pure anger, but when he laid his eyes on Louis, it washed away from the boy's existence.

After a few moments of Louis humming softly while tending to Harry's wound, he presses his face into the wolf's furry neck, "I missed you." The Alpha knows Louis can't understand him when he so desperately wanted to say, 'I'll never leave again.'