I threw the musket back against the bench and sat down next to it, nearly tearing out my hair in frustration. I had been told countless times that when I went to battle, my training would take over. I didn't know how well that would work when my average reload time had gone up by six seconds.

"Not your fastest reload, I assume?" A voice came from behind me that I recognized well.

"Mhm." I didn't turn to face him as he sat next to me.

"You alright?" I could feel Alexander staring into the side of my head, but I didn't want to face him. He sighed when he got no response whatsoever.

"Y/N." I hadn't the faintest clue why he was even out there, but only raised an eyebrow and looked at him when I felt something being wrapped snugly around my shoulders. I gave him a somewhat confused look as I saw the blanket covering me.

"You're turning blue; you can't stay out here in the cold."

"Since when are you talking to me?" I asked bitterly, fixing my stare on the ground as I crunched the frosted grass under my toe, and he sighed. His hand ran through his hair and he accidentally worked free his ponytail.

"It's time I swallowed my pride."

I raised an eyebrow, prompting him to continue.

"Well, about a week ago, I kinda overreacted." It only took that long for me to cut him off.

"Non, non. Your reaction was completely merited. I deserved it, and you know how sorry I am."

"Just listen." He raised his eyebrows at me, asking for confirmation that I wouldn't interrupt. I nodded.

"Okay, so a week ago, I kinda overreacted. A week and one day ago, when you told me, I think I was kinda right to react how I did."

And at that point, I was back to far from sure why he was out there with me.

"Nevertheless, I shouldn't have said those things about your family, and I shouldn't have treated you the way I have been."

I sighed but stayed silent, unsure of what to say. But he was still expecting a response, and raised an eyebrow at the blatant lack of one.

"So... I'm sorry, I guess is what I'm trying to say? C'mon, it really sucks not talking to you. We all miss your company."

I scoffed, "You missed me? Imagine being the one who 'as all of 'er friends ignoring her."

He cringed, looking up. "Yeah, that's kinda most of what I'm sorry about. But please, just come inside. We all miss you."

"Alex, I completely forgive you, but yet I cannot come inside. I am training, remember how that was what you interrupted?" I motioned to the musket that laid against the bench, and then looked back at him. He was frowning.

"Really, Y/N? It's sundown and freezing. I think you can handle taking a break for the night."

My jaw dropped slightly, as I was both amused and indignant at his attitude.

"Excuse me? Am I 'onestly 'earing this from the same person who stays up all night every night writing?" I raised an eyebrow, but smiled as he chuckled.

"Okay, you've got me there. So how about this, I won't write at all tonight if you stop training." He folded his arms, a smug grin resting on his face, before adding, "Anyway, why the sudden interest in training? A little more than a week ago you couldn't have cared less."

Which made me crumple my face into a grimace, as we had reached the taboo subject.

"Oh, I do not know. I mean, I guess it is only matters of time before we go to war, and I would want to be ready."