Nightmare

Setting: (Y/N) and Destery are best friends and (Y/N) is spending the night at Destery's. Side note: Des and (Y/N) are comfortable sleeping in the same bed together.

I shot up out of bed in a cold sweat, breathless. Everything had a red tint.

Blood.
Screams.
Loved ones.
Dead.
Destery.
Dead.
Skin peeling off the bodies of the ones I care for.

I screamed, kicking an imaginary source at the foot of the bed, tears spilling from my eyes.

Destery shot up from the bed, worried. "(Y/N)?! (Y/N)?! What's going on?!" He yelled, grabbing my shoulders. I saw his face turn bloody and lifeless. I screamed again, trying to get away. "(Y/N)?! What's happening?!" He yells again, wrapping his strong arms around me. I press my hands on his chest as tears rage from my eyes and yell.

Destery pulls away and crashes his lips to mine, pulling me back to reality. I then realize what was happening and my eyes widen. He pulls away, my lips going cold, missing the placement of his lips. My eyes were still widened, stunned from what happened. "Fuck (Y/N) you scared me, now tell me what happened." He said, removing a piece of my (H/C) hair from my face. "I-I-I d-don't know. I-I guess I had a nightmare and it just s-seemed so real and you w-were dead, and my family was dead, a-and (B/F/N) was dead, and I just-" He attached his lips to mine again and wrapped his arms around me. Tears still exited my eyes.

"It's okay, you're okay now. You're safe." Destery whispers against my head. "T-thanks..." I reply, drying my tears. "Do you need anything? Water? Food?" He asks, concern overflowing in his voice. "No..." I respond. "Okay, just know you're safe, and that I-I love you." "I-I love you too..."

We both lay down and I fall asleep in his arms, feeling safe and comforted.