Promises

*Kimberly’s POV*

We all sat at the table, eating silently, and even though I still felt horrible, my thinking was clear, probably because  I knew we had to figure out what was going on, and also why Alex had looked so scared and upset, even more than she did this morning.

I sighed and pushed my half eaten plate in front of me. Everyone looked at me, and I frowned.

“I’m sorry, I’m still not feeling great. I think I’m just going to go check on Alex quick, and then I’ll take a nap.”

“Oh that’s okay sweetie! Feel better!” Mom called.

Dad nodded, and the boys got up as well.

“Well since you guys have to leave soon, we’ll make sure they’re both okay and everything.” Neil said quickly.

Dad smiled and said “That’s great, have a good day!”

We all nodded, and walked back toward what was once the spare bedroom, but was now apparently Alex’s room.

“What’s going on?” Reid asked once we were far enough away from the kitchen.

“Well I’m not really sure to be honest. You see when I woke up, I went to go get the extra blankets from the spare room, and I found her there, and she looked just as  confused and scared as I was. Then when Mom came, and we tried to explain, she got all mad that we were talking like that since we’re ‘sisters’! But she doesn’t know what’s going on either! And the weirdest part is the room! It has pictures of all of us together as kids and everything! And it’s actually decorated too! It’s like we’ve always been related, but we are the only four people who don’t remember it.” I explained.

Reid and Neil just stood there, slack jawed as they tried to process this.

“So you mean everything has changed, and everyone else thinks we’re all siblings, and she doesn’t know anything about it either? She couldn’t be acting could she?” Neila asked.

I just shook my head, and walked to my room, pointing to the plaque on my wall for emphasis. Their jaws dropped when the saw that Alex was also in the photo.

“Wait what?!” Reid and Neil both screamed.

Neil whipped out his phone and searched, his eyes widening.

“Our twitter and Facebook has the four of us too, and all the biographies, and our site lists that the four of us are all sibling, who make up The Band Perry.”

We all just stood there in silence, our minds whirling.

“What are we going to do?!” Reid finally asked.

“I don’t know, but we need to talk to Alex too. Maybe between the four of us, we can all figure out exactly what is going on, and what we can do.” I said.

Reid and Neil both nodded, and we exited my room and quickly walked toward Alex’s room. I heard a weird shuffling, and we all frowned, and I threw the door opened.

We all froze when we saw Alex climbing out of the high window, looking like she was crying.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!” I shouted.

Her eyes widened in surprise, and the surprise caused her to lose her balance, and I watched in horror as she fell headfirst out the window.

Reid and Neil rushed to the window and I screamed following close behind.

“I got her.” Neil panted,and I looked and saw that he had somehow caught hold of her foot.

“Reid help me pull her back in!” He called, and Reid helped him pull until they had Alex safely inside, still shaking.

I pulled her into a hug, and that’s when she started crying.

“Shh it’s okay. What’s wrong baby girl?” I asked, rocking her back and forth a little, trying to calm her.

“Pleeeease I can’t go back there. I don’t know what’s going on, and I know I’m ruining your family. Just let me leave, just don’t send me back to the Foster Home.:” She sobbed.

I felt my heart break when I realized that’s why she had been trying to climb out the window.

“We’re not going to make you leave.” I assured her.

“Yeah we’ll figure this out.” Neil added.

“Yes. We’ll do this all together. We’re not going to do that to you.” Reid said.

“You promise?” She asked, sniffling as she wiped her tears away.

“Cross my heart.” I said, and she smiled.

Suddenly her IPod blared, startling us all, and I smiled when I recognized “Mother Like Mine”.

However, Alex froze like she had seen a ghost.

“What’s wrong?!” Neil asked in concern.

“I…. I think I know what happened.” She breathed out.