07

But, no one listens to her,
Because she doesn't have a pretty face,
To match her pretty mind.
_

Maya

Hour seven

"Nooooo!" I scream, as Grayson pushes me down the hill in an trolly we found behind the supermarket.

I hear him chuckle as he lets go, still standing at the top. I scream everytime I go over a bump, before I reach the bottom, tipping over. I get out and stand up, brushing the dirt off my jeans.

"You idiot" I mumble, as I walk over to where he is standing and shove hin playfully - only causing him to laugh again. I roll my eyes at his smugness.

"It's actually beautiful here." I state, observing the scenery around us. The field is empty and quiet, all that can be heard is the light gusts of wind blowing past us and the birds churping in the trees.

"Not as beautiful as you" Grayson says under his breath quietly, as though I wasn't surposed to hear him. I chuckle lightly, trying to ignore the small knot in my stomach, as it grows bigger.

"Race you" I challenge quickly, changing the subject and push off the ground with my feet. I leave Grayson and the trolly behind as I run in to the unknown in front of me. I run through the unexplored field, with Grayson now hot on my tail.

I look behind me to see Grayson grinning like an idiot, making me laugh lludly, as we run across the bright green field.

The sun is beating down on us, continuing to ride and slowly warms up the earth. The heat is bearable but a few beads of sweat roll down my forehead as I continue running.

My hair flies crazily in the air, as I turn around, running back in the direction we came - back to the trolly

"Ahh" I let out a scream, as I trip over a rock, causing me to fly forwards and face first in to the mud. I groan, not in pain but in tiredness, staying on the ground.

"Maya!" Grayson panics, running towards me and bends down by my side. "Maya!" He repetes, but I don't reply, refraining myself from laughing.

I feel him come really close my face, so I flutter my eyes open and look up at his sweaty face, making him jump. He stands up without saying a word and walks away, annoyed - jokingly I hope.

I quickly stand to my feet and wipe the mud from my hands, on to my jeans, even though I'll soon regret it.

"Grayson" I say, catching up to him with mud still covering my face and t-shirt. "Graysonnnnnn" I say dragging out the N, becoming impatient. He comes to a sudden holt, causing me to almost walk in to him.

He turns around on the heels of his feet; our eyes meeting as he faces me. He sends me a bright cheeky smile, showing if his bright white teeth -the knot in my stomach forever tightening.

I got to smile back but before I can, I feel his two strong arms wrap around my thighs, flinging me over his shoulder, causing me to flinch.

"Ahhh" I screaming quickly, a little taken back. I start hitting his back lightly, signaling for him to put me down but he doesn't.

"Put. Me. Down." I say between breaths, as my stomach presses against his shoulder. "Pleaseee!" I whine.

He lets out a laugh and places me back down on my own two feet, letting me go. I put my hand on my chest dramaticly, trying to breathe, making Grayson roll his eyes playfully. I let out a small giggle, standing up straight and look at him again.

I find myself falling in to another daydream, once again studying him. The way his eyes sparkle in the sunlight and the way the wind blows his hair everywhere, landing messily infront of his eyes. I look down at his red plump lips, a sit slightly apart.

"Maya."

"Yea?" I ask, clueless of what will happen next.

Grayson raises he hands upto my face, cupping them gently, as he smooths away some if the mud on my face with his thumbs. His dark hazel orbs flicker from my eyes to lips before he begins to lean in.

I freeze and the knot in my stomach becomes even tighter than before, wanting to expload. I don't know what to do. Something inside me wants me to lean in but the rest of me want to punch him in the nose and runaway.

"Shit!" Grayson randomly says, causing me to leave my chain of thought. It takes me a second to realise what was happening and I begin to squeal, as heavy rain begins to randomly down on use, ruining the moment.

I take Grayson's hand and we run back towards the city, trying not to slip as the field gets even muddier.

What the hell just happened.

-

Heyyyyy (: I updated earlier than usual haha.

This is short but I though it was cute. What do you think? 💛

Vote & comment for an update 👼

I love you - R