14

Enjoy the small things in life,
Because one day you'll look back
And realise they were the big things
_

Maya

Hour fourteen

The satisfying feeling of sand on my feet rushes of me as I pull off my shoes and step on to the dark deserted beach - Grayson standing next to me.

The closer we become to the ocean, the clear it becomes. Small waves roll across the surface of the dark blue sea, foaming up as they hit the shore.

The moons light refects off the ocean top, creating a beautiful view. The moon is full tonight and the sky is clear, showing off all the stars and planets.

The smell of the salty water washes over me as I take in a breath of fresh air, clearing my mind. I hold it for a moment, before exhaling and turn to Grayson.

"This is amazing" I smile, relaxing as a small calm breeze brushes over me. He looks down at me and smiles back.

"I know" He chuckles cockily, brushes 'dust' off his shoulder. I roll my eyes playfully and bump my shoulder in to his.

"Come with me." He says, gently clasping my hand in his and guides me along the waters edge.

We run through the incoming waves as we head further down the shoreline to the unknown. The water is cool and it's relaxes my body with every step I take.

"I love beaches" I muse, watching as the sand swirls in the water beneath me.

"Why?" He asks, probably trying to make conversation.

"I'm not sure really. I guess it's just relaxing and gives me a chance to think." I explain, now looking at him.

He nods his head in agreement, as he listens at me, intregued. The white moon light falls over us, creating a sparkle in his hazel orbs as he looks forward again.

"Here we are" He says, pulling me away from the ocean, into the sand, over to a unlit fire pit.

I send him a confused look, but he just smiles at me and lets go of my hand, pulling out a lighter from his back pocket.

He edges of over to the pit of wooden and flicks the light open, causing a small orange and yellow flame to appear. I mesmerizingly watch it, as Grayson places it near the tree branch and set on fire.

The small wooden fire pit erupts with flames, lighting up the area around us. I sit down on the soft sand below me and watch as the flames dance slowly infront of me.

"Hermoso" I mumble under my breath watching the fire crackle before my eyes, "es tan hermoso."

"Uh what?" Grayson asks with a hint of confusion in his voice. I chuckle and shake my head slightly.

"It's Spanish for Beautiful." I inform him with a smiles, still looking at the bonfire.

"Ohh okay well, Las vacas son hermosas" He says, obviously trying his hardest to talk Spanish.

His words cause me to fall back on the sand and explode in hysterics. I laugh so hard the tears begin to form in my eyes, making me laugh even harder.

"What?" He says, chuckling a little but still not sure why I'm laughing.

"Do you know what you just said?" I say, catching my breath and sit up, whipping away the water around my eyes.

He shakes his head no and I chuckle alittle, clapping my hands. "I learnt that in Class though." He pipes in.

"Oh, well it means 'the cows are gorgeous'." I state, turning Grayson's face a light shade of pink, causing us both to laugh.

"But seriously, this is beautiful" I say, concluding the conversation. Grayson nods in agreement, not saying anything.

I lay back, listening to the crackling of the fire infront of me and the gentle splash of the waves from the ocean, as I look up at the glittering stars above me.

I hear Grayson shuffle around next to me, standing up and taps on his phone screen a few times, before setting it down besides me.

"My lady." He says, towering over my petit body and puts his hand out, with a warm smile.

I give him a confused look but take his hand anyway. He pulls me to my feet effortlessly and puts his arms around my waist. I'm takenback at first but put my arms around his neck lightly.

We begin swaying gently, as sunset lover fills the air around us. I look at him and chuckle lightly at his cute actions, shaking my head as we sway in soft nightime breeze.

The moon light paints us as we slow dance in silence, taking in every moment of this. I take this chance to look at him again and graze my eyes across his flawless face.

His eyes are staring in to mine as the music continues to play behind us. He spins me around and catchs me before we sway again. I rest my head on his chest and close my eyes as I drown out everything out, only listening to his heart beat.

I never want this moment to end; Not even in a million years.

-

Ekkk is this bad?

I thought this was a cute moment, probably the cutest. What do you think, are they cute together?

Till Saturday 💜 - R

Ps. Sorry for not updating yesterday!