Dinner

Chap 8: Dinner  (unedited)

Otabek's POV

I didn't know what I was doing. I'm never the type to take someone out, whether it be business or not, I just don't like doing these kind of things. But today, I just felt like it was necessary. So, for the first time in years, I took someone out for dinner.

But this wasn't just any "someone" this was someone amazing. He had long blonde hair, beautiful sea green eyes, great fashion sense, and so many talents. Like his coffee and pastries are the best I've ever tasted! He also takes time out of his own break just to talk to me, and make sure that my book's doing alright.

Like who does that? I guess Yuri Plisetsky does.

But what makes things even better is his ice skating, it's not only convenient for the book I'm writing, but he just makes him all the more graceful.

Throughout the whole time at the ice rink, millions of words came into my mind as I watched him. Beautiful, elegant, precise, sharp, sparkling, breath-taking, and most of all, it was filled with passion. The list only goes on from there. He was so talented, it was like he'd been on the ice his whole life.

And so, to think that I am currently walking down the street with this amazing boy as he told me stories about his work. He told me about the new workers that had come in, and he ranted on about Victor and how annoying that guy was. I made some mental notes while he talked just so I knew what he liked to talk about for later conversations.

He also told me about his cat as well. I truly didn't suspect him to have a cat, so when he told me about her I was a little surprised. She was a birman named Vega, and along the way he even showed me pictures. Some of said pictures included him smiling while holding the fluffy thing, and I always found myself muttering "cute" at it, never knowing which one I meant the statement too.
But for awhile that was our walk, he would tell me stories about work, his cat, and anything he could think of until we finally reached the restaurant,

It wasn't a fancy place, it was more casual and since Yuri didn't seem to mind it I felt that it would be perfectly fine for us to get some food. Once we were inside Yuri shivered at the blast of cold air, and I offered him my extra jacket, to which he took with a huge blush on his face. He cuddled up into it in an adorable manner, that made my heart melt as I told the waiter we needed seats for two.

Finally I managed to get my mind of Yuri as the waiter took us to a window seat and handed us our menus. For a bit we talked over the food options silently with one another, until I just decided to get a burger and fries, and he decided on some chicken noodle soup and bread since he was cold.

The waiter got us some water as he took our orders before he left leaving the two of us in awkward silence. At this point we didn't know what to talk about.

Yuri seemed to be waiting for something as he looked at me, and I felt extremely confused as he watched me. Yuri sighed as he took a sip of water, "so, what about you?" he asked. I raised my eyebrow at him, "what about me?" I asked back. He smiled lightly as he shook his head, "I mean, why don't you talk about yourself" he started, "I've told you about everything about me, I want to know more about you" he blushed.

I felt my face heat up slightly and I coughed, "oh, um alright then" I said while thinking to myself, "well what do you want to know?" I ask. He thought for a moment, "why did you start writing?" questioned. My eyes widened as I thought over the answer, "well I guess I've always found it as a fun way to express myself" I started, "ever since I was young I wasn't too great with dealing with my emotions, or with people, so writing was a way to get my feelings across and be happy" I explained.

His face softened into a bright smile as he urged me to continue, "I guess writing is a passion close to you and your skating, or baking. I put my heart and soul into it not because I'm forced to, but because I want to. I love the feeling of getting feedback for stories, and they make me feel worthwhile. I guess writing has always just made me feel like I had this special talent that no one else could take away" I say while messing with my hair.

After my explanation Yuri found himself fascinated, he asked me millions of things. He asked me what my childhood was like, and I ended up telling him about my whole family, my small group of friends, I even told him about that one time when I tried to do ballet like my sister.

And during it all I learned that Yuri was actually born and raised in Russia (hence his russian accent) with none other than that Victor he's so annoyed about, and he even spoke some words in russian for me. It was pretty cool. I told him that I was actually from Kazakh, and he was real excited at that, and I ended up speaking in my native tongue as well. It was a ton of fun.

Not to mention the food that was served was great, and Yuri said that the soup was just right and warmed him up perfectly. So all in all, this whole dinner turned out amazing.

But of course, our time together was running short and I knew that Yuri needed to get home. He had work that he needed to go to tomorrow, and I would hate myself if I knew that I had made him late, or way to tired to work.

So for some reason I offered to walk him home, I didn't know why I had asked but it was like the words had gone out by themselves. Yuri had taken the request though and we started to walk down the streets once again until we were at a large apartment complex.

Once we reached the door to the place he turned to me and smiled, "thank you for the dinner, I had a lot of fun" he said while red powdered his cheeks. I nodded at him, "I had a lot of fun as well, thank you for skating for me earlier, I got a ton of new words" I explained while I nervously tucked a stray piece of hair behind my ear.

He nodded at me quickly before he went to walk off, but I felt wrong just leaving it there, so in a quick motion I took his hand and pulled him towards me as I engulfed him into a hug. He seemed to tense at the feeling. But before long he just melted into the hug.

And the two of us just stood there, thinking over what was happening as we both realised something in a matter of seconds.

I like him.

Well that's the end of this chapter! Sorry for waiting so long to update the story, I had a b-day party yesterday and the rest was procrastination. But yeah, I hope that this chapter was good enough for you guys, and I hope that you've had a good day! Thank you so much for reading.