Chapter Six

Dark blue seemed to be a common color in the Havilliard household. Everything from the walls to the cloaks that Dorian and his children wore was a shade of Midnight blue. Except Manon who always protested and wore bright fiery red with passion. Lorcan felt very out of place in black clothing patiently waiting for his daughter to arrive. "Where is she" Lorcan hissed and paced across the room. Elide sat in a chair bitting her nails nervously and making worried glances at her husband. "I'm sure she's fine-" Aedion began but Lorcan cut him off. "Shut up you bastard we wouldn't be in this situation if it wasn't for your son!" Aedion sat up and reached for his sword but Lysandra pulled him down. "Don't engage" she murmured "It's not worth it". Aedion slowly sat down; shooting nasty looks Lorcan's way. Elide gave Lorcan a look that said "stop making a fool of yourself" but he ignored it. "My child is out there in the midst of an attack on Terrasen!" Lorcan growled. "She is without a weapon or medical supplies! She is all alone." Elide looked at the ground and felt tears slip down her cheek. The air was chock full of tension and Lysandra slowly rose to her feet. "Listen to me Lorcan Salvaterre and listen carefully" she whispered, her voice laced with darkness. "You are not the only one who is missing a child. Don't forget it." With that Lysandra stood up and gracefully strode out of the room. "Jesus Lorcan why you got to upset Ly-" Aedion began but Manon held up her hand. She cast a glare that petrified all the occupants of the table and she rose to her feet. "Enough bickering" she hissed "if you want to get your children back and save Terrasen we must be unified and not at each other's throats." Dorian nodded and rose to stand next to Manon. They interlaced their hands and shared a glance that could only be described as loving and full of pride. "The whole Galathynius family is still in Terrasen fighting strong" Dorian spoke. "We must work together for their sake and help them from outside. We must gain allies and secure relations with other nations. I can assure you all that Adarlan will come to the aid of Terrasen and we will bring a full army." Eight pairs of eyes stared back at Dorian and Elide swore she felt the ground shake like the gods were agreeing with them. "Let's do this" Lysandra whispered from the corner of the room her eyes gleaming with tears of pride.