Party!

I helped CJ through the door since he had crutches. "Thanks, Vanessa." He says. "This house is gorgeous!" Mom said. "Thank you, Mrs. Hickinson." Dalton said kindly. "It's old." Dad grunts. "Dad!" I said. "It is quite old, Mr. Hickinson. But I like the old stuff." Dalton winks at me and I laugh. "Oh my gosh! I just now got it! When you said the house was old and abandoned just like you!" I gasped. Dalton dies laughing. "You just now got that?!" He continues laughing. "That's my V!" I join his laughter.

Carli walks up to me awkwardly. "Hi." She said. I sigh. I didn't know how to do this. "Hi." "Mind telling me what's going on?" She asks. "Um..." "I'm waiting!" "I...." I just stare at her. "Why am I wasting my time here?" She says as she walks away. Suddenly, she stops. "What were we fighting about?" She asks. "Wait. We were fighting?! That must've been with someone else. I heard you were with Dalton Wilde!" Carli squeals, and I wondered what just happened. I spot Ruben ahead of me, and he winks. I understood immediately. Ruben made her completely forget about the fight. He fixed her for me. I smile gratefully at him, and he walks off.

A slow song comes on, and I spot Mom and Dad dancing, Zaiden and Ruben ransacking the snacks, and Carli chasing CJ around the dance floor. I laughed. Even with crutches, CJ still managed to get away from her. A hand reaches out to me. I look up to see Dalton.

"May I have this dance?" He asks, smiling. I smile back, giggling. "Of course you may." I take his hand and he leads me to the floor. I lean my head against his cold chest. "I'm so grateful you're horrible at sports." Dalton says. "We may never have met if you didn't almost kill me." I groan. "I almost forgot about that! Thanks for making me embarrassed!" I laugh. "But if we never had met, then Christopher wouldn't have tried to kill us all." "And he'd still be out there." Dalton comments. "Plus everyone made it. Everything is right in the world. Your friend is back, your brother's ok, my brothers are ok, your parents are safe. I can't imagine a better world." I shake my head. "Neither can I."

"Then why even bother thinking about life without each other?" Dalton asks. "I just have one obstacle." I said. "What's that?" "Well, you never age, but I do." I begin. "Yes?" Dalton asks, getting anxious.

"I want to be like you."

The End