I swung my head to watch as Camila sent Dinah a death-glare that could have killed her on the spot before I took a step back to give her enough space to jump of the desk. She placed a tender kiss on my cheek, whispering, “we’ll talk later.”

She grabbed a still smirking Dinah after her out the door and meeting Dinah’s eyes briefly I instantly regretted it. “Bye Lauren…you should really wash that mouth with soap, looks dirty.” Dinah mocked and my jaw dropped to the floor at the bluntness.

Hearing one last groan coming from Dinah’s side I watched as Camila finally managed to tug the taller girl away with her.

-

Dinah’s POV

Where the hell was Camila? Basically the whole point in meeting after school was so we could lessen the risk of encounter certain people such as Veronica or Lucy. 

After looking around the various of halls, double-checking to only conclude that she wasn’t there the second time either I went to our lockers, finding a group of students standing around I asked them, “Have any of you seen Camila?” They all shook their heads.

I turned away from the, scouting around the hall pointlessly, I knew she wasn’t around. “Fuck you Camila, when I find you…” I murmured lowly in frustration and checked my phone again, the display still as empty as for twenty minutes ago.

Suddenly a girl poked my arm and I nearly jumped. Naturally I glared at the person taking me by surprise, probably a little harsher than intended because the girl who had addressed me looked genuine scared at my scowling face. 

“I think Camila went in there.” The girl pointed and I followed the direction of her finger to one of the classrooms, but before I could apologize for my rude behavior she’d fled the scene.

Running I arrived pantingly, my lungs were burning up from the inside as I opened the door cautiously. The figures of two people were in sight and I immediately recognized the one sitting on the desk. Camila had her arms locked around the dark-haired girl and looking closer I realized I knew them both.

None of them seemed to notice me as I was paralyzed, wondering if my eyes were deceiving me or if I had gone mad. In this case it was probably Camila that had gone insane.

It took me a while before I comprehended the fact that I had caught my bestfriend in an empty classroom, doing anything but homework as I watched them separate, which was when I decided that now was a good time to speak up.

“Wow…” I uttered and both of their heads shot in my direction, my eyes meeting Lauren’s while I couldn’t prevent a grin from appear. “I hate to disturb, but I thought we were leaving.” I said and directed my gaze straightly at Camila who looked more than a little bothered.

Understandingly the smaller girl was glaring at me, but in this moment I was honestly too amused to care. No way I was ever going to let this chance get past me, who knew when I was going to get another one?

Camila jumped off the desk and headed in my direction, immediately pulling at my arm, prompting me to go I was still smiling widely, my eyes searching for Lauren and I could see that it wasn’t only my friend that was blushing. 

The situation was just too alluring to not let out a sly remark, so I did, “bye Lauren…you should really wash that mouth with soap, looks dirty.” I mocked sweetly and enjoyed as her jaw dropped to the floor.

Next thing I knew Camila was pulling me out into the hallway again and as I walked with Camila she was unusually silent. She seemed somehow detached to reality and after reaching her house I decided to just go there, “so tell me…did she jump you or did you tongue just accidentally fall into her mouth?” I teased and watched her eyes grow wide.

-

Camila’s POV

Leaving the classroom with Dinah my thoughts were all over the place. Lauren and I had decided to take it slow, but things had clearly escalated out of control and the kiss we shared was a complete contradiction to our agreement. 

My heart skipped a beat as Dinah spoke up, “so tell me…did she jump you or did you tongue just accidentally fall into her mouth?” She teased and my eyes grew wide, I couldn’t believe she had just said that in the middle of her street.

Obviously she must have understood what I thought about it because before I managed to react she was running in direction of my house as I screamed after her, “Dinah!” I called and ran after her. Once inside I tossed my bag to the side and followed after her into my room.

Luckily for her she barricaded herself safely inside, eventually being forced to open as I refused to budge a muscle before she opened the door. When the door opened just enough for me to slip into the room I tackled her to the ground and allowed my fingers to clutch her sides, knowing the places that tickled her the most. 

“Apologize!” I demanded while sitting on her stomach, my entire weight pressing her down and all the laughing made her necessarily weaker.

“Stop…please. I am sorry.” Dinah coughed out between fits of laughter.

Deciding that she was punished enough I got off her and felt the slight buzzing of my phone from the back-pocket of my jeans. Enthusiastically I fished it up, ready to read the message hadn’t it been for Dinah who snapped it out my hand.

“Dinah, seriously…” I grumbled while she outstretched her arm to hold the phone in a impossible range for me to reach. “Give it back!”

Instead of listening Dinah ignored my pleads and read it out loudly, “want to hang out after practice, I can drive you home afterwards if you want to?” Dinah told and lifted her eyebrow suggestively. “Who might so this knight be?” She teased and after the smug expression to judge I was sure she knew it just as well as I did.

However, it was obvious that she wanted to hear me admit it so I sighed defeated, “It is Lauren, now give me back my phone.” I admitted and passed me my phone with a satisfied grin on her face. “Well, are you going to meet up with her?”

“How about you mind your own business?” I replied and tried to hold my mask, but I ended up failing miserably as I couldn’t contain the smile that wanted to erupt only thinking about earlier.

Dinah smirked knowingly, “well, shouldn’t we get you ready for your date. Hurry up, practice ends in thirty minutes.” Dinah rushed and suddenly all my muscles felt entirely numb. Just thinking about meeting Lauren again made me incredible nervous and Dinah must have noticed as my bestfriend pulled me into a tight hug.

“I am very happy for you Mila,” Dinah started softly and I smiled as she pushed me back lightly, “however, I do think we should consider a true makeover in honor of this special occasion.” She snickered and I rolled my eyes, knowing that Dinah had been wanting to give me one since the day my mother stopped picking out my clothing.

-