Part 6

Okay, honestly…how pathetic am I?

      I walked, head down, tears burning in my eyes, straight into the chemistry classroom, and then straight into a very tall somebody. The impact forced my body backwards, sprawling my books everywhere, and most likely bruising my backside.

       I looked up, ready to chew out whoever had dared to get in my way, until I saw Draiden’s eyes, full of concern, looking down at me, and all harsh words were forgotten.

        “Are you okay?” he asked me.

        “Yeah,” I replied, my voice shaking slightly, “I’m okay.”

        Part of me knew that I should probably be freaking out right now, and part of me knew that I should probably be celebrating, because I was actually talking to Draiden like a normal person. I was too upset to do either.

        “I didn’t even see you,” he added as he reached down to pick up my books for me. He handed me my pencil bag but paused as he retrieved one of my books from off of the ground.

        “You’re reading the Hunger Games?” he asked me, something like interest sparked in his eyes.

        “What?” I asked, confused for a moment, until I saw the book in his hand.

        “Yes!” I gushed to him, “Well, re-reading it actually. I’ve read it like eight times! It’s so good! I love it all; the games, the love story, the idea. It’s just such a new take on modern literature, I kind of can’t help but like it!” I paused, thinking, “But then again, maybe my brain is just desperate for something other than a vampire, werewolf love fest,” I added after a moment. I blushed instantly, realizing that I had just gone all ‘fangirl’ on him, but to my great surprise, he laughed.

       “Yeah, I hear that,” he replied, “But really, it’s cool that you like it. None of my friends really like to read, but between you and me,” he paused, leaning in closer, “I’ve read it like nine times,” he said with a smile. He pulled away from me and I looked up at him and grinned. He smiled back at me and winked before he turned to return back to our table.

        Now…now I could freak out. Draiden had winked…at me.

Oh.

My.

God.

***

        I spent the rest of the day avoiding Bryce and talking to Draiden. I knew my situation was a bad one, but Draiden was nice, and funny, and addictive. But, throughout the rest of the day, I couldn’t help but think about Bryce, and how deep his beautiful green eyes were, and how sad they had looked when I’d left him waiting in the lunchroom, but Draiden was there all day to distract me from my problems, and thoughts about the potion fiasco. And it seemed like the more we talked, the easier it was. I guessed that all I’d really had to do in the past was just talk to him. But by the end of the day, something was gnawing on me.

        “Draiden?” I said suddenly, when we were in the parking lot. He’d offered me a ride home.

        “Yes?” he asked me with a smile.

        “Um…what about Tiffany?” I asked him nervously, “I mean, I feel like I’ve gotten to know you better today, but…how would Tiffany feel about you giving me a ride home.”

      “Oh, Tiffany?” he asked me, as if he’d forgotten all about her, “she doesn’t have to worry about anything I do anymore.”

        This caught my attention, “Why?”

        “We broke up last night.” He said simply.

        “Oh.”

        “Yeah, it just felt like it was the right thing to do.” He answered as he held the door opened for me. I climbed in, lost in thought. It sure seemed like a lot of revelations had been made the previous night. But was it a coincidence?

       My day had been weird, but not entirely unpleasant. Although, I was probably more confused than ever. I was under Draiden’s spell, Bryce was under my spell (literally), and I wasn’t exactly sure where Draiden was at the moment…But I didn’t have long to wait, because once we arrived at my house, he got out, opened the door for me, and then he asked me…

        “So you wanna go to the dance?”

***

Hello:) I hope you're enjoying this.

I honestly believe this is the dumbest story I've ever written, but it's so much fun to write!

Anyways...vote, comment, follow. You know what to do.

-Claire xx