Part 3

“Julie! Oh, Julie! It was awful! I hate life! I’m moving! And NOBODY can make me stay! Goodbye Draiden! Goodbye love! Goodbye dance that I’ll never get to experience!! I’ll Miss you!!” I cried dramatically. I took a shallow breath, preparing to continue, when Julie suddenly grabbed me by the shoulders and shook me.

        “Emma! Calm. Down.” She said in a low voice, “You’re over reacting. You’re not moving, and you’re going to the dance. Now take a deep breath, and tell me what happened.”

        I breathed in deeply, and shaking slightly as I tried to release it.

        “I…I…I threw up right next to Draiden!” I gushed out. I stared at her, waiting for her to tell me that it wasn’t that bad.

        “Dang…” She began, “That sucks.”

        “I know!” I practically screamed, prepared to burst into tears all over again.

        “Shut-up,” she said through her teeth, “Emma…how you feel about Draiden…it’s not healthy,” she began.

        I lifted my head to look at her, my lip quivering, “What do you mean?”

        She paused for a moment, “I want you to think very seriously for a moment…” she started, “Do you really think that you’re in love with Draiden?” she asked me, “I don’t mean lust…I want to know if you’re seriously in love with him.”

        I thought for a moment. Was I really in love with Draiden? She made it sound so… intense. But lust? Surely what I felt for Draiden was stronger than some silly schoolgirl crush! No. I loved him. I would jump in front of a train to save his perfect hair, eyes, and…everything else.

        “Yes.” I answered after a moment. “I am in love with Draiden.”

        Julie breathed deeply, “Okay. Then I think I can help.”

        She grabbed me by the hand and told me to come over to her house as soon as I dropped my stuff off at home. Apparently, we had a lot of work to do.

***

        “You’re sure this will work?” I asked her hesitantly.

        “Positive. I learned all about it in College Psychology. Mix in a little chemistry, my grandma’s spell book, and…presto!” she replied, “Love is actually just a series of chemical reactions in your body anyway, once you learn about it…you can manipulate it however you want,” she said as she plucked a hair from my head, “That’s the beauty of knowledge!”

        “Ow!” I exclaimed, rubbing the spot that had been chosen for her plucking pleasure, “That hurt.”

        “Love hurts.” She replied, ignoring me. I, of all people, couldn’t argue with that.

        “What now?” I asked her, excitedly, the previous pain forgotten.

        “We’ll execute phase two tomorrow at school. Go home and get your beauty rest…Not that you’ll need it.” She grinned at me.

        I grinned sheepishly back at her. “Is this bad?”

        “Nope.” She said, but that was the only consolation she offered. I sure hoped she knew what she was doing.

***

Vote, follow, comment.

You know what to do:)