Chapter 12- Keep Your Eyes Wide Open

Start from the beginning

“I’ll call you never, dick.” I said ready to hang up the phone.

“Call me back if there’s progress. Or if you want I can always send you some hot bikini girls to get your mind off it.” He chuckled.

“I’ll keep that in mind.” I grinned sarcastically, “Later.” I said hanging up the phone. I shoved the phone in my back pocket, crouching down as I waited for Josh’s next kick, “You ready or not?” I instigated.

“Yeah, ready to kick your sorry behind.”  Josh provoked kicking the ball hard in my direction.

I stopped the ball with my hands and laughed, “What was that? I’m sorry but the ball doesn’t get passed me.” I teased throwing it over my head to him. He hit it with the top of his head, then his knee, and then back down to his foot. The kid is getting skilled!

“Eat your words bro!” Josh taunted running up and kicking the ball with a curve. The ball skimmed my fingers and it was a little too late before the ball hit the net. Josh once again cheered, Sky came out side with a smile as she watched what we were doing.

“I hope you’re beating him.” Sky tells Josh with a hopefully smile.

“Not even close. Only two goals so far.” I replied waiting for him to stop cheering and kick the ball again.

“Want to have a try Sky?” Josh offered, kicking the ball between his feet before tapping it her way.

“Yeah, I think I can make a goal.” Sky said smugly kicking the ball back to Josh’s place.

I laughed shaking my head at her, “No way.” I told her.

“Yes way.” She said with a smile, “I can make a goal easily.” She stated kicking the ball closer to me.

I laughed at her, “You’re supposed to kick it from there.” I said pointing back to the spot Josh was standing. She giggled continuing to kick it forward until she was two feet away from me. She batted her eye lashes, and bit her bottom lip looking up to me. “Oh I know what you’re doing. You’re trying to seduce me and it’s not happening.” I explained slowly shaking him head.

“I’m not trying to seduce you.” She said with a fake gasp.

I nodded my head looking her in the eyes, “Yes you are and you’re not going to get pas-”

Swoosh!

She got the ball past me. She cheered throwing her arms up in the air, Josh cheering along with her. She trotted to my side leaning over to whisper in my ear, “See I wasn’t seducing you, I was distracting you by letting you talk and process your ideas through that little head of yours.” She explained, poking my head with her index finger. She skipped back to Josh and high fived him. They were both smiling like two idiots at the fair. They were enjoying this way too much.

<><><> 

*Sky’s POV*

Josh’s soccer game was nearly over and I’ve learned one thing about myself today: I dislike watching soccer. I can easily get distracted. Maybe it has to do that I’m watching a kid’s soccer game instead of a professional one, but on the contrary I found it boring. And it wasn’t any more amusing when kids got hurt and started whining, but then were completely fine five seconds later and back in the game.

The score is 3-1, and we’re winning- well Josh is team is. Josh scored one goal so far which made Jeremy really happy and he took all the credit for it. A few times Josh took a tumble, and I swear it was the same kid every time that was purposely tripping Josh. The metal bleachers are uncomfortable but I’ve sucked it up and moved on. Jeremy sat to the left of me cheering Josh on and intently watching the game. Julia on the right making more bracelets and then Maura on her side.