Chapter 4 - Bad Timing

Start from the beginning

I rapidly pushed Emerald off my lap - causing her to stumble on the floor - and looked at the teary girl in front me.

"Ashley I-" I wanted to apologize to her about what just happened but she cut me off. She had a few tears coming out her eyes but I could see she was trying to hold back the rest.

"Save it!" Ashley yelled then turned on her heels and ran. This wasn't suppose to go like this.

"Are you not going to help me up?" I heard a voice from behind exclaim.

I ran my hand through my hair as I noticed Emerald still on the floor. Was she seriously asking me to get her bitchy ass off the floor? This girl is unbelievable.

I could feel my blood boil as I walked up to her. I clenched my fists as I bent down so I was level to her.

"You are not my girlfriend! We have nothing together! Can't you just accept the fact that you are nothing to me?" I yelled while looking at her straight in the eye. Emerald's eyes widened as she got up from her spot.

"Ugh, I don't want you anyway!" She spat back as walked out.

"My words exactly." I mumbled under my breath as Emerald totally disappeared from sight.

I thought for a second about where I could find Ashley but nothing came to mind.

Stop thinking and start looking.

I ran out of the field area and into the school. I sprinted around half of the school corridors and gave up when I knew I couldn't find her. I dropped myself on the floor with my back leaning on the lockers. I rested my head in my hands and punched one of the lockers. I couldn't care less about the aching pain my knuckles were feeling, all I could care about was how much of a mistake I was. I was messed up and I have made the people around me messed up too.

I continued to mentally scold myself when I heard something. I raised my head up and listened carefully and once I heard nothing, I stood up to leave. I quickly stopped in my tracks as I heard the sound again. It sounded like sniffs and cries.

I stayed still listening to the weeps. As I walked closer to the sounds I found myself near the girls' bathroom. The sounds were coming from there. Was it her? I strolled over to the door and neared my ear so I could her the weeping voice. Hesitantly I knocked on the door waiting to see who replied but the weeping only stopped and everything was silence.

"Ashley, is that you?" I asked from outside but when I got no reply I knew what to do.

I quickly thought this through. Ok, I might be called a pervert for this but I had no choice. I entered the girls' bathroom and witnesses a heartbreaking Ashley with clear tears running down her flawless skin.

She had a mixture of multiple expressions on her face but I could see the shock in her eyes. I wouldn't blame her, I did just casually walk into the girls' bathroom.

"Ashle--"

"What are you doing? This is the girls' bathroom!" She hissed.

Ashley was mad but not a normal kind of mad, she was a crazy monkey kind of mad. She passed by me with a fuming expression and I made quick movements. I grab her wrist gently and our eyes locker. Her raging green eyes glistened in the dim light of the bathroom.

"Please Ash, it wasn't what it looked like." I saw her slightly flinch as I mentioned her nickname.

"Leave me alone!" She screeched as she glared at my hand that was still holding onto her wrist.