And It All Comes Tumbling Down

...like sand castles against the harsh waves.

Childish laughter rang through the empty dessert playground, two red headed twins ran about chasing each other, light grains of sand twirling around them, the wind blew gently and the girl froze. Stopping where she stood, "N-Ne Garra-ani" the girl stuttered nervously, which didn't go unnoticed by her older twin causing him to stop too. "Why don't we play hide an go seek?" she smiled. Gaara got a thoughtful expression for a second before nodding.

"Alright shimai, you hide and I'll find you ne?" suggested Gaara meekly, smiling slightly.

The girl took a quick steep forward "N-No I'll count you hide kay?" she laughed forcing a smile onto her face.

"Ne Sunakabe-chan, Daijobu?" Gaara asked, slightly worried at his sister abruptness.

"Imhm" she nodded before turning her back to him as she begin counting "Ichi, ne, san, yon, go, roku, nana..." Sunakabe turned slowly to see Gaara gone. It was at this point a man came out the bushes. She spun to face him quickly, but obviously not fast enough, the man grabbed her hair pulling her towards him.

"Where is he?" the man asked. It was obviously this man wasn't shinobi judging by the way he held the newly seen knife against her jugular. If he slit her throat like that she was bound to live, because the cut wouldn't be deep enough. Seeing she wouldn't speak he kissed his teeth, before bringing the slightly rusted knife across her skin slowly, causing her to cry out. "Come out demon, don't even want to save your twin eh?" he gave a hysterical chuckle "Just like a monster to only care for themselves." Sunakabe was silent now, only whimpering softly as civilian man looked down towards her long red silk like hair, "Heh, should bet a hefty sum in the market." Bringing the knife to her hair in one smooth movement brought it across her hair in one swift movement, he sliced through it as it weighed lightly in his hand. Sunakabe would have dropped to the floor with a thud if not for the sand appearing under her body cushioning her fall.

As quick as lightening sand appeared underneath her attacker enveloping the man causing him to cry out in fear and shock. Before it enveloped him completely he saw Gaara, tears streaking down his face as he glared at him. Speaking softly Gaara's voice was carried away by the wind as the sand ended the mans life with a sickening crunch.The words Sand Burial were carried away by the dry desert wind as it howled through the empty playground.Looking away from the mangled remains of the man Gaara ran towards his sister. Coughing up blood slowly Sunakabe smiled as Gaara cradled her body. A Suna ANBU appeared next to them. Gaara's sand turned hostile immediately, reaching quickly to break the ANBUs neck. "W-wait, I can heal her." the ANBU stuttered.

Gaara glowered, "Fine. Heal her."