Chapter 2- The school

When we reached the classrooms, I was quite confused to see the students outside socializing. Some were even seating at the side of the corridor and in front of the classroom doors in groups. I gave Austin a confused look to which he returned the same.

I was just about to tell Austin how weird the set up was when I heard someone shout my name. "Mia? Mia Vrailine is that you?"

When I turned around to see who it was, I was shocked to see that it was Monique, my grade school classmate back in Montessori Academy.

"Monique! Oh my god! How are you?" I asked, still can't believe she still remembers me and that it's really her, since she transferred school when we were still on the third grade.

"I'm doing well! It's so nice to see you, long time no see!" giving me a hug. "Oh, is that Austin? Austin Simons?" she said when she spotted Austin behind me.

"Hey Monique! Long time no see! Good to know you still remember me" Austin said, giving Monique a high five.

"How can I not forget you? I sat beside you from grades one to three! By the way, where's John? Aren't you three childhood friends and inseparable?" Monique said looking at me then to Austin.

"Well, John opted to continue high school in Montessori Academy." said Austin.

"Well, that's new. I'm not used to see you guys separated! You guys were always together" Monique said, grabbing my arms and walking me near the door.

"Yeah, I know. Tell me about it. It's pretty weird being separated with John, but that's life" I said leaning casually by the wall.

Just as Monique was about to respond, a loud voice shouted from behind her to get the students attention. “Students. Please fall in line in front of your respective classrooms now."

When I turned to look and see who it was. I saw that it was a lady, wearing a gray blazer with a white inner blouse and a pair of black trousers. I guess it was our homeroom and science teacher Ms. Tina Moralez.

"Huh, I guess that's our homeroom teacher. Well, I better fall in line with the boys, she looks kind of strict" said Austin, giving us a wave and walks towards the line the boys created.

Since Monique and I are already near the door, we stayed where we are and soon enough the other girls started lining up behind of us.

"Ok class, those who will enter the classroom first are the girls. Seat wherever you want to seat, but please maintain order inside the classroom." Ms. Tina said gesturing towards the door.

Quietly, Monique and I entered and sat at the middle row of the room near the side where the windows are facing the corridors, leaving an empty seat beside me for Austin.

When the boys entered, the room began to get a little bit noisy. Austin sat behind Monique and I. Confused; I turned to him about to ask why he didn't seat beside me. He just smiled and pointed towards the door. I looked at the door to see what he was pointing to, or rather, who he was pointing to. I saw it was a girl with a shy look in her face, looking for a place to seat. I caught her eye and waved at her, pointing to the empty seat beside me. 

She smiled and hurriedly sat beside me, as if trying not to get any unwanted attention.

When she sat down, she turned to me to smile and said "Thanks, I'm Trina by the way, Trina Hale" extending her hand to me.

"No problem, I'm Mia, Mia Vrailine and this is Monique Rev and behind us is Austin Simons" I said, shaking her hands and nodding towards Monique and Austin.