Chapter LIII - Mature eyes, Immature Hearts

Depuis le début

***Next part in Catching Genesis (Mature Content) Book, Chapter LIII - For Mature Eyes but Immature Hearts Only at this point***

***Continue after the mature content***

"No, mom I didn't do it," I mumble, pulling the blanket back over my head.

I hear a chuckle. "Do what, exactly?" Someone is pulling the blanket back down.

Oh Gosh!!! It's too early for this. My brain doesn't work properly in the morning.

"Whatever it is...not my fault.... I swear, I didn't do it," I mumble out again, trying to pull the blanket right over my head again.

My pillow shakes with laughter. I groan and lift my head up to look into Constantine's beautiful icy gray eyes that are lit up with amusement.

My first thought is: Nope, definitely not my mom. Not unless my mom turned into a hot god-like adonis with sexy morning stubble and messy hair and hard body overnight. Yikes! Brain is broken.

Second thought is: Oh no, I can't be mated to one of those annoying morning people, or lycans..."I'm sorry, I will have to let you go," I mutter sleepily as I lie my head back down on a real pillow this time. I try to turn my body away from him, but he just tightens his grip on my waist.

"Oh no, you don't," he says. "Sweetheart, I didn't realize how hard it is to wake you up in the morning."

"Uummm..hmmm...mmm," I mumble. What I meant to say was, "go away. Let me lie in peace, or else I might have to kill you." Yeah, I'm grumpy in the morning.

Everything was quiet and peaceful for a while until I feel his hand spreading over my stomach. Then his lips are peppering tiny kisses along my shoulder and neck. Ummm....well, hello.

********

"So....how did your painting session go last night?" asks Caspian with a mischievous smile. In front of him is a plateful of pancakes, sausages, hash browns, and scrambled eggs. He's only in his cotton pajama pants that hang low on his hips today. It's already after ten, Sunday morning.

Lazarus walks in behind me. "Very well, by the sound of it," remarks Lazarus, deadpan.

Caspian's hand quickly comes up to cover his mouth, but not before a choke of laughter escaped.

"Shut up, guys!" I poke my tongue out as my face is flooded with color.

Lazarus is followed by Serena who slaps his behind playfully, though her eyes twinkle with mirth. Both of them are already showered and dressed. Looks like Caspian and I are the only two who are not morning people or rather lycans in this house.

I'm also still in my pajamas, except that I had put Constantine's big bathrobe on before I came out of the room. Constantine was still in the shower when I followed my nose down to the kitchen where I smelled food.

Duncan is behind the stove with his earphone on, listening to his iPod. I can actually hear the song that he's listening to. It's Starboy by The Weeknd. He's cheerfully singing and dancing to the song while pouring the batter of pancakes onto the skillet.

Oh Gosh!!! He really can't sing, and he's a terrible dancer, but the man makes good pancakes. Yes, very good pancakes, I decide as I steal another forkful from Caspian's plate.

"Good morning," greets Constantine as he wraps his arms around me and nuzzles his face into the crook of my neck from behind. He's shaven off his stubble. I really don't mind it, I think Constantine with stubble looks hot.

"Good morning...though you sounded like you had a great night too," quips Caspian.

I can feel Constantine smiles against my neck. So I drag Caspian's whole plate in front of me and start to feed Constantine his breakfast too.

"Oh, great! Now you took my whole plate," complains Caspian raising his hands up in defeat. That's what he gets for teasing me non-stop this morning.

Duncan keeps his out of tune singing and peculiar dancing while serving everybody breakfast.

"You did good," I squeeze Serena's hand. "You hired a good cook and provide free entertainment too."

Serena bursts out laughing while the three men groan in unison.

********

We decided that I should move in today. Lazarus, Serena, and Caspian decided to help as well.

Constantine drove Lazarus's Range Rover with me in the passenger seat so that we have enough space to put my worldly possession in. Caspian was forced to drive his Audi when he lost an argument with Serena who refused to crouch in the back seat of his flashier Porche.

We managed to pack all my things in luggage and boxes in no time...well, right after Serena and I kicked Caspian out of my room. He seemed too happy and too distracted by my underwear drawer, even Constantine started to get irritated with him. Gosh, he's such a kid! Sometimes I'm worried about him.

The lycans are all so strong, they carried everything as if they weighed nothing, and we finished in no time at all.

It's kinda sad to see my room bare of all my belongings. I suppose it's got to happen at some point.

"My baby is all grown up," says mom as we get downstairs with the last box of my things.

"Aww, mom..."

"You're not too far away. You come back often, you hear?" she squeezes me in a big bear hug.

I don't have a lot of stuff. We only brought my clothing, toiletries, books, painting equipment, and shoes. I still left a few things in my old bedroom. I still can go visit my parents anytime I want.

"Just leave everything there, sunshine. The staffs will be here tomorrow to put everything away," says Constantine as I look around his walk-in closet. It's bigger than the size of my old bedroom and very well organized. I can see that he cleared more than half the space for me.

"I'll just do what I can, for now, then I'll let them put everything else away. Besides, I need to know where everything is to get ready for school tomorrow."

"Okay then," he kisses my cheek. "Come downstairs when you're done. I think Caspian is killing everybody with his version of Karaoke, and Duncan seems very eager to join once he's done cooking dinner."

"Oh good Lord," I groan. May goddess help us all.

"We might need your help to put an end to this madness," he grins.

As soon as he leaves, I open a small box that I had been keeping in my underwear drawer in my old room. Inside, is some money. One hundred and twenty-three dollars and fifty cents. That's what's left from the sale of my painting. I have another one hundred and fifty dollars that I saved from my allowances. Two hundred and seventy-three dollars and fifty cents. That's the amount that I have in my name in this world.I am dirt poor. I slip the money into my school bag. I have a plan for this money.

****************************************************

Well, my dear cuddly bunnies, another update. I hope you like it. My next update will be on Monday evening.

Thank you so much for all your votes and comments and follow as usual. You take care and have a wonderful weekend.

Much love
Nicole