Chapter L - To Tame The Wild Beast

Cuddly bunny and fuzzy slippers!!! This is what I call a destruction. I think my mouth is opening and closing several times without any sound coming out as I gape at the sight before me. The only thing that is still intact in the whole room is the ceiling. Torn fabrics, splinters of broken wood and glass are everywhere. The windows are all smashed and broken. Gaping holes in the walls.

My mate is standing in the middle of it. His shirt is torn. His glistening chest rising and falling. He raises his black vacant eyes to stare at me as soon as I step in the room. I'm not afraid, but the hair at the back of my neck stands up from the chill of his stare and the anger that I can feel brewing inside of him.

At least he hasn't phase into a full lycan yet.

There's a big difference between phasing into our lycans intentionally and phasing when we lose the control to our lycans. When we deliberately change, we are one with our lycans. Our thinking will work together with our lycan instinct and our judgment will still largely govern our actions. If we lost control, the lycans take over completely, acting on instinct in retaliation to pain or anger.

"Costa...Constantine?" I whisper. I think he can hear me because he tilts his head to the side listening to my voice. I gingerly take a few steps towards him. Waves of red hot fury coming off him hitting me right where I am standing.

In less than a blink of an eye, he is standing right before me. His eyes, two black shiny soulless marbles stare into mine. So cold and so void of any other feelings, but rage.

He looks like my Constantine, but different. His beautiful face is etched with dark blue veins starting from his eye sockets, spreading all over his features down to his neck. A few lines even reach his broad chest. His white teeth are sharp and his canines are longer and more visible. I'm not even sure if he recognizes me, but I know with deep certainty that he could never hurt me.

His hands suddenly come up to grip my shoulders. His long sharp fingernails are digging into my flesh.

"Costa, please...?" I whimper and he flinches. His grip loosens up a little bit.

I bring my hands up to touch his cheek gently. I try to calm my own feelings and mind, hoping that he can feel it too.

He pulls back, while his hands are now very gentle on my arms, holding me like he's afraid he's going to break me. Pitch black eyes still regarding me coldly. It's like two persons fighting over control.

"Costa, I'm here. It's me. I'm here for you," I reach out for him again. His eyebrows furrow when I put my both hands on his cheeks.

His long sooty eyelashes fan across his cheeks as he closes his eyes as I gently stroke his face.

"Help me," he leans in closer and wraps his powerful arms around me. His voice is unnaturally deep and guttural. His lycan is still in control.

One hand moves up to grip the back of my head, while his face nuzzling my neck, feverishly breathing in my scent. "Help me before I hurt or kill..."

I can feel the pent up fury that's still raging inside of him, like a trapped wild beast fighting to get out.

"I'm here now. You have me..." I murmur hesitantly.

"She destroyed everything. Everything!" He snarls. "Those paintings of you..."

"Shhh...listen to me. You have me. You have all of me. We can make new paintings together. We have the rest of our lives to make new paintings together. I'll model for you anytime you want me to."